Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i bought an 83 toyota that someone put a 22re in and made a huge mess of the wiring. Supposivly it ran at one time but when i purchased it it didnt. I pulled all the in cab wiring out and put in a stock 83 for all lights heater ect. So now the problem is i have my 22re with harness comming off and going into ecu (3 grey plugs) it also has another gey plug off the harness and a white one . The problem is i have no idea what year the motor is i have looked at the wiring diagrams on here they r very detailed but different than mine. any help would be appreciated. I did notice the on the third plug (B) and (b1) wich i beleve suppose to go to the EFI relay are white with red stripe if that helps at all. I just want to get it running even if i have to do it with seperate toggles

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks but if u could READ u would c that i said that i have looked on here. The issuse im having is i dont now what year my motor is there is no writing on the outside of the ECU and on the inside nothing matches anyones.

So if anyone has some REAL advice it would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think what they are trying to say is:

1983 came with a 22R Carbed engine.

22RE motor is fuel injected and came in 1984 and newer.

See or reference FAQ 2.0 to see how to put a 22RE in a 22R.

You will need a computer from a 22RE motor.

As far as to what year you have you will need to reference the block Vin stamp in the 22RE FAQ.

Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks i will try to find the numbers on the block and see what i can get from that

thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dont get this fourm some times...If you dont have any knowledge to contribute then dont post -Surely it involves more effort to actually post unhelpfull comments then to just close the window?

On topic anyway....

Can you get some pictures of these connectors. What is exactly wrong with the loom (you said it was a bit haggard), and finnaly do you get any indications that your loom is working (dash indicator lights etc)There is not too much difference between year models, mainly just injector clips, colours maybe...all the wires still go to the same place.

In all honesty I dont think I can help you over the internet...you are dealing with multiple circuits so there is no easy troubleshooting steps to follow. We will see how we go but.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
You can't put a 22re in a 83'....

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I think what they are trying to say is:

1983 came with a 20R or 2.0 Carbed engine.

22RE motor is fuel injected and came in 1984 and newer.

See or reference FAQ 2.0 to see how to put a 22RE in a 20R.

You will need a computer from a 22RE motor.

As far as to what year you have you will need to reference the block Vin stamp in the 22RE FAQ.

Hope that helps you.
83 came with a 22r, get your facts strait. are you sure you bought an 83 truck, or an 83 body on a newer chassie

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
it sound like the wire harness from an 85 efi. the white wire with red stripe is the hot wire to the fuel box on driver kicker. the only wires you will need are those hook to the computer, if you start at the computer and cut everything that doent hook to the three plugs you are safe. dont cut the underhood part of the harness.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright well i c there are allot of people who just like to say pointless shit so if thats all u have to say dont waste my time. the motor is installed and the harness is all hooked up to the motor. From what i understand on the third plug there are a few wires u need to splice into to get the comp to turn on so thats the info im looking for! from brownbags responce he thinks it may be an 85

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can't put a 22re in a 83'....
Why can't you...im interested in what you have to say. The 22re engine was dropped in, not converted from a 22R. Fuck I wish people would read before they open there useless trap.

Let me just confirm so I can try and help. The 22re engine (unknown year) was dropped in as a replacement. The cab loom was replaced with a stock 83 loom. The 22re came with an engine loom and ECM but your not sure how to integrate the two so that it works?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YES!! that is exactly what i have. Just want to get it to run so far my understanding is on the third plug if i run B and B1 to and ignition source (white with red stripe) and then the BAT wire on ecu im thinking that would go to battery correct me if im wrong. Everything ese on the harness is hooked up to the motor and dist, and air box.

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Why can't you...im interested in what you have to say. The 22re engine was dropped in, not converted from a 22R. Fuck I wish people would read before they open there useless trap.

Let me just confirm so I can try and help. The 22re engine (unknown year) was dropped in as a replacement. The cab loom was replaced with a stock 83 loom. The 22re came with an engine loom and ECM but your not sure how to integrate the two so that it works?
Ever hear of sarcasm :laughing:

Try searching my name via builds and stuff I have inputed to this forum...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its impressive. 6 Completely useless comments in one thread. Most from those with soaring post counts....

Anyways...
Is the ECU currently getting any power?
I know you mentioned B and B1...are they connected to anything?
Is the RE harness ran into any fuse blocks or does it pull power anywhere?
Last...Does the engine crank over...have spark or fuel?

Kredence

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
Its impressive. 6 Completely useless comments in one thread. Most from those with soaring post counts....

Anyways...
Is the ECU currently getting any power?
I know you mentioned B and B1...are they connected to anything?
Is the RE harness ran into any fuse blocks or does it pull power anywhere?
Last...Does the engine crank over...have spark or fuel?

Kredence

you realize you're asking nimrod to answer questions that he doesn't want. He wants someone to reach through the screen with a magic plug this in or picture of a spoon? Yes I have a soaring post count, yes you'll disregard it based on me being an imaginary person on the fucking web. He has this here ecu thing for the truck and doesn't know if its high impedance or low impedance year model. Good thing he gave us the fucking part number before scrubbing his kiddy diddlers all over the keyboard to tell us our mothers are whores. Oh wit, maybe he needs the bare bones wiring diagram in the faq he has been so judicially pointed too? oh wait, with a wiring plan he can't sit down with one of them new fangled multi-meters and turn the little knob and figure it out?

Nope, you're asking a motherfucker who can't even spell check to hit the little v on his multimeter and hit the right holes with them fancy colored wire delios. AWWWW SHIT, wTF these are numers, these ain't fucking plug fat bitch in the pink into pabst nlue ribbon in the stank... WTF do I do? I know, I'll talk shit on the web, that'll solve everything.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
you realize you're asking nimrod to answer questions that he doesn't want. He wants someone to reach through the screen with a magic plug this in or picture of a spoon? Yes I have a soaring post count, yes you'll disregard it based on me being an imaginary person on the fucking web. He has this here ecu thing for the truck and doesn't know if its high impedance or low impedance year model. Good thing he gave us the fucking part number before scrubbing his kiddy diddlers all over the keyboard to tell us our mothers are whores. Oh wit, maybe he needs the bare bones wiring diagram in the faq he has been so judicially pointed too? oh wait, with a wiring plan he can't sit down with one of them new fangled multi-meters and turn the little knob and figure it out?

Nope, you're asking a motherfucker who can't even spell check to hit the little v on his multimeter and hit the right holes with them fancy colored wire delios. AWWWW SHIT, wTF these are numers, these ain't fucking plug fat bitch in the pink into pabst nlue ribbon in the stank... WTF do I do? I know, I'll talk shit on the web, that'll solve everything.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
You done?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts