Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help here. I have a 233 (s10) that has had the 231 stuff swapped over to it (wider chain, fixed yoke). I would like to have a 4:1 type t-case without spending tons of money on an atlas.

my first option would be adapting the 4:1 kit to work with mine (and it can be done), but I don't like that option. the low range would be awesome for crawlin, but the high range would be the same and it's not enough with the 4.3 and 42s (5.38s) for large hill climbs.

so, would something like the box 4 rocks (sp?) work well or what other options do I look at? this build (1 tons, full hydro, seats, harness', 42s, etc....) will be a little on the high side so I don't have the extra coin to dish out for the atlas. do the other options actually save me money and are they worth it?

thanks for your time. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haven't ruled it out. just trying to see what other options I have to work with (better or worse)

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
haven't ruled it out. just trying to see what other options I have to work with (better or worse)

thanks

I am doing 231/300 . I have $185 into mine. I really wanted twinstick ability , and that isn't offered by 231/231 231/233 . Once you have twin sticks you won't wanna go back. I wanted to do Box 4 Rocks but really was unimpressed by his service so I decided to diy It. And have alot less into mine. If I wanted to spend a little more I could get a shaft also. But I know a buddy flogging on his Shaft built the same way as mine so I am not to worried.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
use the 231 as the range box and get a D300. from what I have read, you can run the D300 upside down with no issues....just use some cable shifters. I am actually looking into this option so I can have twin stick capabilities.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts