Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought rig recently with 15" 24 hole DIY inner rings. The tires are mounted on the inside like a normal tire without outer rings. After some research I believe they're KORE (doesn't exist anymore?) but not sure, anyone know a vendor for some outer rings?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized I haven't posted in almost 5 years...holy fawk. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Measure the bolt diameter and bolt spacing and have someone burn some new rings. I'm sure you have a local water or lazer cutter.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Looks like those were meant to be wheel stiffeners not bead locks. The face doesn't look flat enough to make them be beadlocks.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like those were meant to be wheel stiffeners not bead locks. The face doesn't look flat enough to make them be beadlocks.
Installing DIY beadlocks consists of welding then grinding a smooth finish to prepare the surface for the tire, apparently whatever previous owner did this missed that memo.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, look like rim stiffeners to me. Iv never seen a beadlock kit with a decorative interior plate.
Looks like I'll have the first set, I don't see the point of scrapping the wheels just because the inside plate is larger than the outside. I'll have to weld/grind smooth the wheels and have some outer plates cut. If they are just rim stiffeners, I don't see the point of the bolt holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts