Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plan is to build a overlanding/semi-rock crawling/mudding truck that can do off road trips with friends and family. I have a bent front D44 on my '99 Ram 1500 and I am wanting to run at least 37" tires on 17's. So I know I need to upgrade the axles anyway. I bought a dana 70 Spicer with the power-lok diff from another '99 for the rear. (I picked that one so I don't need to upgrade to a locker off the bat.) I got a AAM 60 for the front to get rid of the CAD. Now to weird part the guy I bought them from said they came off the same rig. I dont know what year the front came off of yet haven't been able to match numbers, but I would assume a third gen. Because AAM. Everything looks like it will bolt right up when I measured. I plan on swapping to the 3 inch leafs. Not sure which yokes to use I think if I got a junk yard 2500 driveline that should bolt right up? I plan on going 4.56 gears and thinking down the line of running duel transfer cases. Would anyone change anything before I go any further?
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Automotive tire Plant Grass Sculpture Snout

Automotive tire Leg Bicycle tire Tire Tread

·
blatant asshole
13,382 Posts
Yup. Aam are 3rd gen +.

Get the bd track bar setup or build your own from a 3rd gen bar and a ruffstuff upper bracket. 2ndgen suck balls.

Reactions: Nitroxcide

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright I bought the Solid Steel Industry's 2nd gen to third gen track bar bracket. I've got it in now and it seems like the track bar from the third gen now works since the axle is an AAM.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I'm using the 3rd gen control arms, steering, track bar, axle. I have my 3 inch coil spacer lift in the front along with my 1500 coils and shocks. All of it lined up. The pinion angle in the front seems better too. Also I have 37's mounted and they clear.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
I got the Dana 70 in the rear but the leaf springs seem off 1/2 inch on each side. So my next question is if I buy a leaf spring hanger and shackel kit with some 3 inch leafs will it just bolt in? Also I have the drive-line already done got a 1410 put on it. I'll keep updating as I go along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts