Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going through some old pics and found these that might be of interest. I removed the drop down coffee cup holder and built a switch, gauge panel, and added a 7" lcd for my backup and side view cameras on my slide in camper. I also removed part of the overhead console to install an ATS trans commander and lastly I added a scotty gauge pod which I guess you can't get anymore:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Those cup holders are one of the only good features the late 2nd gen had going for them....

I would go nuts not having my thermometer up there.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Those cup holders are one of the only good features the late 2nd gen had going for them....
I thought the 24 valve was the only thing going for them:flipoff2:

If the wipers aren't on the weather is good enough for me :)

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I thought the 12valve was the only thing going for them:flipoff2:

If the wipers aren't on the weather is good enough for me :)
FIFY After 3 lift pumps 2 injector pumps and a cracked "53" block I bought a V10 99 Ram. No more 24V for me...

Mine did not have the overhead compass/thermometer, and this is what I did with mine:

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIFY After 3 lift pumps 2 injector pumps and a cracked "53" block I bought a V10 99 Ram. No more 24V for me...

Mine did not have the overhead compass/thermometer, and this is what I did with mine:

I like the switches, did you hook up the dash lights to the indicator light on the switches? Is that the factory OH console and how did you get the nice cut outs for the carling switches? I only went through one lift pump then went with the stand alone FASS in time to save the injector pump. I only have 71K on the truck so the jury is still out on my "53":confused:

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I like the switches, did you hook up the dash lights to the indicator light on the switches? Is that the factory OH console and how did you get the nice cut outs for the carling switches? I only went through one lift pump then went with the stand alone FASS in time to save the injector pump. I only have 71K on the truck so the jury is still out on my "53":confused:
I did hook up the indicator lights to the dash circuit so they dim, the cutouts came from carlingswitch, they make a 6 gang panel (the one I used) and individual ones that lock together to make one as big as you want. Here s a pick of the backside:

I cut the front half of the console out, epoxied the switch bezel in place and used a pair of my old sweatpants to cover the opening and hit it with fiberglass resin after it cured I put another coat of resin on it along with some fiberglass mat. Bondo and sanding finished it off.

After my lift pump failed I put another Carter one in but moved it back by the tank when it failed I went to a FASS, 6 months later the IP went out 1 year later the block started leaking. I found a bare block but sold the truck before I installed it the new owner installed the block. Funny thing is I still see the truck running around, it now has 230K miles on the stock trans without an overhaul, but it is on its second Cummins? I may eventually swap in a Ppump motor in my truck, I am done with electronic diesels though.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job on the console. I know exactly which switch panel pieces you are talkng about. I had to look twice to believe that is what you used, nice. I hooked up my switches to the dimmer as well and used the plug receptacles for the back of the switches with a weatherpak pigtail, makes a nice serviceable install. I just had a rad hose start leaking a couple weeks ago and I thought for sure it was going to be the "53".

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts

You do know that that faggy cupholder that falls down all the time also means that the truck had an automatic, which is a BAD thing right? :flipoff2: Fucking automatics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts