4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Making some dash panels out of carbon fiber. Trying to save some weight... Haha

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Plastic welded some 2.5" tubes onto the OEM a/c parts to run hoses to the new vents and defroster outlets

Attachments

·
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!
1,311 Posts
This is some great work you do, and some high quality welds too!! I really like how you properly triangulated & gussetted everything that needed it... in addition to how you tied the cage into the body with the "speed hole plates"! That is some great work, and I am really looking forward to seeing the completion of this cage/dash/interior, as well as how you are going to work the engine cage, and the attachments to the tubes coming out of the back of the cab!
As a dedicated 2nd Gen Dodge rockcrawler, (I have 3 of them, for a total of 7x axles! Yes, one is a 6x6x6!!!), I’m always all in to see quality work done on a Dodge! Please keep the pictures coming!! I’m also interested to see how you finish out the guts of the dash... the heat/ac/defrost ducting and vents! Keep up the good work brother!!
- Matt🇺🇸😎👍🏼

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is some great work you do, and some high quality welds too!! I really like how you properly triangulated & gussetted everything that needed it... in addition to how you tied the cage into the body with the "speed hole plates"! That is some great work, and I am really looking forward to seeing the completion of this cage/dash/interior, as well as how you are going to work the engine cage, and the attachments to the tubes coming out of the back of the cab!
As a dedicated 2nd Gen Dodge rockcrawler, (I have 3 of them, for a total of 7x axles! Yes, one is a 6x6x6!!!), I’m always all in to see quality work done on a Dodge! Please keep the pictures coming!! I’m also interested to see how you finish out the guts of the dash... the heat/ac/defrost ducting and vents! Keep up the good work brother!!
- Matt🇺🇸😎👍🏼
Thanks! I love the 6x6x6!
I don’t have too many updates. I have been pulling all of the un-needed wires from the oem dash harness to clean it up some. Removed airbag stuff, abs, speaker wires, cruise control and some other stuff. I’m going to try to integrate my viper alarm wiring into the harness and some other features to make it easy to add circuits down the road.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Had an old dash in the back yard so I pulled the harness and I'm pulling out all of the unnecessary wires and plugs. Getting rid of all the ABS wires, cruise control, airbag stuff, seat belt sensors, most of the idiot lights and the speaker wires.
I'm going to use the original bulkhead connector to run wires for add-ons.
Basically cleaning it up and installing alarm wiring to plug it in at a single point. I'm using Delphi GT series connectors on the new stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wiring that I added to the harness for the gauges and idiot lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got a bunch of gauges from Speedhut. I like.

Attachments

·
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!
1,311 Posts
DAYUM!!!! :eek: That looks good!!! So does the wiring you’ve added & taken away from!! Keep up the good work brother!!
-MK

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks!
I don’t have any updates, just been making mounts for stuff behind the dash and media blasting it for paint.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sandblasted everything and I think it's ready for some paint. Put some seam sealer on the seams and a little bondo on the welds where the tube goes through the cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
New glass installed

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh and paint. Coated it with Steel-it

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My friend brought over his boom truck. Makes moving things around much easier. Yes I live in an HOA.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Put the air conditioner back in and ran the new wire harness along the dash bar.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
All my dash filler panels are made with carbon fiber and added in some new gauges from Speedhut

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
New carpet, Corbeau suspension seats and Simpson harnesses.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Working on the cage tie in to the frame. The links are making it difficult.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 46 Posts