Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my dual case adapter in the mail yesterday. I'm planning on at least prepping my 2nd. x-fer this week sometime. The instructions that I got from AA just say to disassemble the transfer case, and that a factory manual would be helpful.

My question is, to get the low range section out of the transfer case, do I have do take apart the entire case? Or, do I just remove the bolts on both sides of the low range part? I'm just wondering if there are shafts and clips that will keep it from coming apart this way.

I have the x-fer case part of the factory manual, but the disassembly section shows how to take apart the entire x-fer case. If this is what I have to do, I don't mind doing it. Just wondering if there is an easier way.

Can't wait to crawl...:D

·
Registered
988 Posts
you have to take just about everything apart on the case. start on the tail shaft and work your way forward. it looks more intimidating than it is. just take your time and go slow on the steps, cause the aa instructions suck.

derek

·
Registered
652 Posts
i'm about to do this myself without a factory manual. i have a exploded diagram of the tcase. is it pretty self explanatory as you start taking it apart? any tricks anybody has? marlin's instructions are not very helpful either.

dave

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
davefj40 said:
i'm about to do this myself without a factory manual. i have a exploded diagram of the tcase. is it pretty self explanatory as you start taking it apart? any tricks anybody has? marlin's instructions are not very helpful either.

dave
Dave,

I can email you a very helpful pdf file....

email me w/your address.

Vince
[email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just did it without a manual and there is nothing to it.

Most of the parts you are taking out you won't reuse.

Just dig in. When you see a single ball bearing in the shaft, it must be removed to slide the parts behind it off. It is not spring loaded.

Drove mine for the first time on Sunday. Works Great.

Tim

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
invincibletoy said:

Dave,

I can email you a very helpful pdf file....

email me w/your address.

Vince
[email protected]
You've got mail(in a goofy voice with dumb music)

I could really use that if you wouldn't care to send to me also. I just ordered my adapter yesterday and was told it would be here Thursday:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
davefj40 said:

dave
its so much easier then you think it is, i was worried about it too but its so simple

Ben

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
the aa instructions could have been left out for all the help they were..........but you don't need them, its that easy.

you don't need a press for that bearing either. i just put the flange back on the shaft and stacked a rotor and some other junk on the floor jack to pop off the bearing. stuck the stack of stuff(mainshaft)under the rig,jacked it up,lightly tapped the shaft and the bearing popped right off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts