Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok there are only a few threads that I could find that even talked about the fuel sytem but nothing that could help me. Now I assume the fuel rails are pretty close to the same from the 2.4 to the 2.7(I haven't been able to confirm it). But in any case on the latest rig I am running all new hard line with a GM in line fuel filter since most of the stock 2.4 stuff is gone(only thing left is the short piece from the OEM fuel filter to the fuel rail). So anybody know whats out there to adapt the toy fuel line to an AN style fitting?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Description of what you need to adapt to? Style of fitting, thread, pitch?

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Banjo style fiting at the fuel rail and the short line off the fuel rail. I was going to snap pics last night but ran outa steam after 18 hours.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
summitracing.com under plumbing, search banjo. listed a few metric banjo to an fittings. Some were braking application, but should work for fuel if the correct sizes.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,807 Posts
Russell Performance makes a fitting that works on some Toyota's and Honda's. (It works on 22RE and Turbo MR2's)I am not sure about the 2RZ in particular. Here is a picture:

P/N is 640910.

It is a 12mm banjo. Russell also makes a 12mm x 1.25 Banjo bolt with a 1/8th NPT for fel pressure guages or whatever else you might want to tap in with.

PM me if you are interested in trying one.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you even look in the FAQ???

Fuel Filter Fitting
Aeroquip P/N: FCM 1070 is a bajo fitting hose end that screws directly in to a 22re fuel filter for -6 (3/8") hose or 'Summit' #AER-FCM1070.

Honesty I have no idea if this is what you need or not ???? I just reused OEM parts from a Taco.

Odd- the FAQ didn't come up in my search. I will have to measure the stock one and see if its the same size.. The banjo at the end of the line where it would go to the fuel filter looks to be the same as a 22re at the glimps..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it will work, I think I might have even screwed it on but I can't remember, I have that fitting and the 3rz sitting at my house if you want to what until tomorrow. I am 99% sure that it is the correct fitting.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys--I will see if that one adapter will work.....

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok--for anybody who wants to know--the banjo bolt at the fuel rail is 12mmx1.25 mm which I assume is the same size as the fuel filter banjo bolt.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Ok--for anybody who wants to know--the banjo bolt at the fuel rail is 12mmx1.25 mm which I assume is the same size as the fuel filter banjo bolt.
Thanks for saving me a walk out to the garage in the ice Crash:)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Not sure if this will help you but its what I'm planning to use on my 22RE but not test as of yet.

22RE/RET FUEL RAIL -6AN FITTING FOR AFTERMARKET FUEL REGULATOR

from LCE and has Fitting size: M12 x 1.25 to -6AN which should screw into to the fuel filter. No banjo bolt this way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts