Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, plans for a 2RZ swap into my '82 truck to replace the 22r/weber setup in front of my A340F-duals setup is coming together. :smokin: I found a good deal on a '96 Tacoma that a guy is parting out. So I bought the engine with all the accessories, includes the PS pump, complete wiring harness front to back with everything that goes with it, fuel tank and lines, exhaust, and the tilt steering column. It even has an A/C compressor so I can setup OBA, sweeeet. Pics on the swap to come in the next few months(too busy to do it any quicker). Oh, I still have to get it all pulled from the Taco first.
Anyone that wants to come by and help let me know! :D Oh' I don't want to hear anything about getting a 3RZ instead-I picked this motor for a reason.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Awesome Rory It sounds like you have a great start on your swap. The Tilt steering column is easy to adapt to you first gen making it easier to squeeze in and out of that beautiful little cab. I like the full harness swap, worked out great for me! Let me know if I can help.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like alot of work, but will be good. Ill be watching

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
In on the first page. So far full of fail but I am sure once it gets started it will be a cool build.:shaking:

How pics of some tits or something until you get it going?:flipoff2:

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starts

In on the first page. So far full of fail but I am sure once it gets started it will be a cool build.:shaking:

How pics of some tits or something until you get it going?:flipoff2:
OK, then, Here's what the truck looks like now!:D

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics and pickin

lol I was just fawkin with you.
I know, but this thread sucks without pics, here some more stuff-
I picked up this trans from a 3RZ Taco 4x4, the bellhousing is the impoertant parts as well as the flex plate.

Dusty yes but anyway-Here's what the engine bay looks like now, 22R-Weber/Offy-Header

·
Registered
743 Posts
Loving your triple sticks in my 79! :smokin: You will be very pleased with the 2rz! I have the swap in my 79' matched with the w56 and dual case not a single cut in the harness all the way to the tail lights. In the process of getting my dash in from a 99 4runner. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
Cool project Rory. I want that valvecover off the 22r. I'll trade ya a later style with new gaskets straight up. :D

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Swaps

Cool project Rory. I want that valvecover off the 22r. I'll trade ya a later style with new gaskets straight up. :D
Yeah, pm sent

hey why the 2rz over the 3rz? Just wondering because i have a 3rz in my shed i plan on using
Well, the 3RZ is a great motor if you have one use it. These babies are bullet proof. OK, for now let's just say the 2RZ was cheaper.:D

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Looking forward to watching this swap. I hope one day soon to replace my 22re with a RZ

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Either engine you can't go wrong. 3RZ has a balance shaft and a few extra ponies but price and availability goes a long way.

Just stay away from the ones that require a distributor. I'm sure they will get expensive and hard to find soon because they were only out for a few years. Coil packs baby...

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Swapin'

Either engine you can't go wrong. 3RZ has a balance shaft and a few extra ponies but price and availability goes a long way.

Just stay away from the ones that require a distributor. I'm sure they will get expensive and hard to find soon because they were only out for a few years. Coil packs baby...
Cool, cuz mine has a distributor, yeah I'm a rebel, uh, huh. Never had been one to do what everyone else says. HELLO! why do you think I run an A340 automatic.:D

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
You plan on throwing the dash from the Tacoma into your first Gen as well....would be sick

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Cool, cuz mine has a distributor, yeah I'm a rebel, uh, huh. Never had been one to do what everyone else says. HELLO! why do you think I run an A340 automatic.:D
I won't hate you because your 2RZ has a dizzy...it isn't your fault:flipoff2:

Just pull the TV cable out as far as it goes and put a vice grip on it. That A340 will bangs gears so hard you will need new driveshafts.

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
Just pull the TV cable out as far as it goes and put a vice grip on it. That A340 will bangs gears so hard you will need new driveshafts.

Pull the tv cable out, and shim the accumulators and it'll REALLY bang the gears. I slugged the springs under the pistons with 3/8" steel brake/fuel line so they only move about 1/4" and it bangs 'em now. :D

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
It will do that for around 1000 miles. Either the planetaries explode or it cracks the case. Either way, you won't complain of sluggish shifting:D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
I want the Offy intake, already have a new weber:)

savuing for my swap, sold my 3rz truck, no time
might do a 1kz-te or v8

·
Shift to the Best
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Swaps

I want the Offy intake, already have a new weber:)

savuing for my swap, sold my 3rz truck, no time
might do a 1kz-te or v8
Seriuosly, I don't even have the engine pulled and everyone is beggin' for my stuff.:D What you don't want the NWOR header too?

So I ordered a set of these to make things simpler..................
Chilkat Designs makes these.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts