Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a '98 4Runner (2wd) that has sprung a tranny leak. The leak appears to be coming from a small plate on the drivers side of the tailshaft. The tailshaft looks identical to the one in my T100 (2wd also), except where the plate is on the 4Runner my truck has the speedo cable attached there. Do any of you guys know if this "block-off" plate has a gasket or O-ring under it??? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
392 Posts
IKUZUS said:
Do any of you guys know if this "block-off" plate has a gasket or O-ring under it??? Thanks for any help.
Sorry, I have no clue. Remember this is a 4x4 BB. But I'll bet if you remove the plate, clean it up, coat it with RTV, reinstall, the leak will stop.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know its a 4x4bbs but I was just hoping some of you guys might run 2wd's as daily drivers and may have some experience with this. There doesn't appear to be enough of a shoulder to put rtv on there. I'm not afraid to tear into it and see what's in there.................just wanted to know what I needed to repair it. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.