Pirate 4x4 banner

2wd tranny

830 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SSSRodeo 
#1 ·
Anyone know the length of a 2wd tranny from amigo/rodeo/trooper whatever that will bolt up to the 2.6 4cyl? Soon I'll be getting a 2.6 from my friend who is dropping a 5.0 into his amigo. I'm putting the 2.6 into my samurai. Was thinking of using a 2wd tranny so I can run my zuk t-case divorced.
Thanks

#5 ·
Ok, let me try and shed a little light on this. Having ridden in my buddys Sammy with a carbed 2.6L Isuzu engine and 4 speed tranny. I can tell you this. The 2 wd 5 speed tranny is probably not going to work with the sammy T case. Too Long! http://images.photogra.com/PhotoX/...dth=400&height=300&Fmt=JPEG&Q=90&CI=&OP=h100;I know a guy who built one and had to use a Zu 4 speed 4 WD tranny because of length. To add the divorced Sammy transfer case behind a 5 speed 2wd I pretty sure you gonna have issues. As it was, His drive shaft ended up being about 12". I'll ask him tomorrow about the exact length of the 2wd tranny. This guys know both transmission inside and out. Knowing him he's probably got both in his shop right now to campare.
I have pictures of his Sammy if your interested. I will say this though. It runs like stink.
One question. What you going to use for your motor? Fuel injection or 2.3 carb? FI is gonna be a pain. This 2.6 L carbed Sammy ran all over Africa for years before the Government tried to confiscate it for taxes. The Original owner was a wildlife photographer. (It was snuck out of the country and back to the US in the dark one night) He had the coolest trailer that he pulled behind it. Trailer had an 80 gallon fuel tank built in under the bed and two spare tires and a bunch of camping stuff. Looked like something you'd see the Aussies use in the Outback. http://images.photogra.com/PhotoX/I...dth=400&height=300&Fmt=JPEG&Q=90&CI=&OP=h100;

Hope the picture links work. It's been a while since I last tried to do one of these.

If your interested, I'll see if it's ok with the guy if I give out his phone # to you. He knows the answers to you questions.

SSSRodeo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.