Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and found alot but, not what I was looking for.
Need a part # for a 1988 4 Runner 3.0 igniter.
Thank you in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
will HEI parts work for the 3.0 too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you.
the dealer gave me 89620 35170
So I still don't know.:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,366 Posts
DogDenII said:


I just did that and they have 3 - different ones.

Now - can someone give a REAL answer :flipoff2:
Hey smartass, if you give the dealer the vin (If the rig is still orig engine) then they will know the Part #. If there are 3, how the fawk do you think we should know better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,168 Posts
willbeis said:
thank you.
the dealer gave me 89620 35170
So I still don't know.:rolleyes:
Did you look at the screen when they pulled it up? What exactly was it refering to?
The number I have is right on top of mine, 88 V6, and is obviously for both parts (it's labeled coil w/ igniter). Maybe each individual part has separate part numbers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
steveh said:


..........how the fawk do you think we should know better?
He doesn't, lol....how about ya look at the old part:idea: I have yet to see one that wasn't marked....and to cRAZT MAT no you can't use HEI parts on the 3.0L cause it's EFI, can't use HEI parts on a 22 RE either only the carb version:( Myself I would hit up a junkyard for the ingnitor, dealer must be $300 or higher, also try car-part.com carpart.com,carparts.com & car-parts.com, 2 of those is rights:D.......& ebay.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,366 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
He doesn't, lol....how about ya look at the old part:idea: I have yet to see one that wasn't marked....and to cRAZT MAT no you can't use HEI parts on the 3.0L cause it's EFI, can't use HEI parts on a 22 RE either only the carb version:( Myself I would hit up a junkyard for the ingnitor, dealer must be $300 or higher, also try car-part.com carpart.com,carparts.com & car-parts.com, 2 of those is rights:D.......& ebay.com
Yep, that's the way to go. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
Oh well the HEI idea was worth a try atleast:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Well looky here, we have some smart cookies :p

1 - The truck is not his YET and located out of state
2 - Advertised with bad ignitor
3 - The eninge is a replacement and no the vin does not help
4 - He wanted it BEFORE he could look at the part number on it since the vehicle is in another state.

Just because it says "newbie" under the name, doesn't mean they just sprouted feet and began to walk.

There were apparently 3 - different coil/ignitor numbers used on the 3.0 engines between 88 and 95.5. I'm told, there was no "real" reason for the change in the part numbers and that they all "should" work the same way.

So - now that we've happen to come upon this by chance out of neccessity, I'll find out if all 3 of them actually work on the 88 model 3.0.

Side note: If you order an aftermarket coil/ignitor from say autozone, there is only one part number to cover all the years.


See, I can be an azz and offer help at the end too :D

Later,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
DogDenII said:
Well looky here, we have some smart cookies :p

1 - The truck is not his YET and located out of state
2 - Advertised with bad ignitor
3 - The eninge is a replacement and no the vin does not help
4 - He wanted it BEFORE he could look at the part number on it since the vehicle is in another state.

.........
See, I can be an azz and offer help at the end too :D

Later,
what the fuck? is this read my mind.com now? I will bet my life he would have got differenbt replys with that info...........gezzzzzzzzz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,168 Posts
DogDenII said:
Well looky here, we have some smart cookies :p

1 - The truck is not his YET and located out of state
2 - Advertised with bad ignitor
So call the guy selling it, and ask him to give you the part number that is written directly on top of the current ignitor. Not the part number on the airbox, not the one on the neon underbelly lights, but the one on the ignitor. Just that one. No others.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top