Discussion Starter #1
Here's my setup.
3/4 ton
3inch body
4inch suspension [unknown brand]
35/12.50
dual Rancho shocks in front
single Superlift shocks in back

I'm planning on running some 38 w/ wide tread on this thing. My fenders are all ready trimmed up. I use this truck to much on the road it just bounces all over the road. Do I need to update my spring to some softrides, maybe 6in to help clear the new tires or change the shocks or what.

All opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
If it is bouncing change the shocks.....might wanna try pulling out the bottom leafs out of the spring packs that might soften the ride some. If it doesn't softrides might be on the list. I would look into making some custom packs too .....be cheaper....just some ideas for ya.........

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
well maybe if you would quit running those gay dual shocks in front, it would ride better. my guess is that you didn't do that gay set up on there. It would be smart to run single shocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've ran no shocks, 1 shock, and now two. The two works the best to limit the rebound.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If it is just stiff replace the springs. If it bounces after intial rebound replace the shocks. Maybe some rancho 9000s then you can set em nice and stiff if you need.

For best ride do a shackle reversal and run stock springs and replace the shocks still.

Charlo

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
WTF would you want to reverse the shackles? The shackles should be on the rear of the springs.

In relation to your question, I would buy some greasable suspension bushings for the springs and shackles. Stephen Watson sells them at Off Road Design . They will soften the ride a lot and are way cheaper than buying new springs. In the rear you could put on a shackle flip. Watson also sells those. They will soften the rear a lot. A shackle flip along with some stock springs or a mild lift spring depending on desired ride height would help the rear out a fair bit.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I have noticed on alot of trucks the springs sieze to the shackles, and to the spring mounts. I would recommend pulling off the springs, greasing the heck out of the bushings where the bolts go through, and put it all back together. When i stripped down my old power wagon, i had to use a 10 lb sledge, plus a 4' cheater bar wedged under the rear shackle to get it to move. YEs, they were really siezed and were my #1 stiff ride problem

Garrett

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
WTF would you want to reverse the shackles
I meant flip.
A stock leaf is smoother than even the softest 4".

For best ride do a shackle reversal and run stock springs and replace the shocks still.
Replace "reversal" with "flip" and it starts to look exactly like what you said :flipoff2:

Charlo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts