Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked pretty much everywhere to find anything on my exact situation, and can't find much. I'm doing a 3.4 swap with a 95 5spd 4x4 4runner, my donor is an 01 4runner auto 4x4. I have been told and read that toyota never made an 01 4x4 5spd 4runner, so that makes my swap a lot harder especially in Ca with smog refs and because I have a drive by wire throttle body. My auto 4runner ecu wont work with my MT ecu in my 95. I called ORS and they told me that 03 and 04 4x4 5spd tacoma ecus will work. Now I talked to my ref and he said as long as the smog equiptment and everything as far as engine and evap and charcoal... etc in the donor 01 4runner matches the year and model of the tacoma ecu that I run then I'm ok. Does anyone know the major differences between the 01 4runner and the 03, 04 tacomas and if there is another year ecu that I can use. Thank you in advance I appreciate all the useful input.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I know the 2.7's went coil packs in a certain year, i think 01 or 02, not sure about 3.4 engines.

·
Mall Crawler
842 Posts
reff

When I took mine to the reff he did not even look at my computer. I dont even know if mine is a auto or stick computer. I have looked at it and has no numbers on the computer at all. All the stickers are faded. So my barr sticker says M but I now have a Auto in it now. Just got it smogged with the Auto Full manual shifting and it passed with no problems. Guess it really depends on the reff. I changed my exhaust to dump out on the pass side and the reff didnt even say a thing about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts