Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some 8 lug 3/4 ton chevy outers from a guy a while back. Finally the time has come to put them on. got one side all together and it works great, but i started on the passenger side and noticed several differences. for one, the wheel seal that goes behind the inner wheel bearing doesnt fit tight, just falls out. another is that the inner and outer wheel bearings sit closer to each other so i can tighten the spindle nut all the way and the bearings still have consideralbe slack in them. Another difference is the rotor on the odd one sits 1/2" in closer to the knuckle, making it impossible to install the brake caliper/pads.the only visual differences between the 2 i can tell, is the "odd" one has longer lug studs, and unlike the other rotor, it has no square holes cut in the piece of rotor between the actual rotor and the hub. what hub/rotor assembly do i have and why isnt it working?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Which type of locking hubs do you have? the bolt on type or the spline type.
From what you describe, it sounds like you have the bolt on type which requires a dedicated spindle, and ended up with a spindle for a late model. Posting a couple of pics would help.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found out, guy accidentally gave me a ford hub. theyre both for internal hubs, but that one is a ford, gotta go get switch it out for a chevy one in a couple days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts