Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

i know there are "opinions and opinions" out there on the 3/4e setup...

My Q. now is ... and i couldn't find anything covered yet....

If you use this setup, and limit it to - say 3" of droop .... you still would greatly benefit from the fact that the shackle is not the element that has to sit parallel to the frame, when the axle is at an angle (stuffed at one side, drooped at the other)

Wouldn't the goofy leaf twist up, allowing the shackle to adapt way better to the angle the spring pack is at ....

I am thinking kindalike the orbit-eye setup...

It would take a lot of stress/bind off the spring pack...

any opinions on this aspect of the 3/4e???

thx
Alfred

ps: when torque is applied to a s/r front-end... would the pinon bein forced to point up or down? ... how about on the rear (w/o shackle-reversal)

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Springs don't like to twist laterally, but a simple goofy leaf will allow some of that..... but IMHO, you get better twist out of the extra set of bushings and an unbraced shackle.

Randii

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Your definately going to get some twist in the buggies. I've seen where some people put a guide on the frame to help hold it that would also keep it from twisting out from under the frame when stuffed. As far as the pinion thing, the pinion will want to go in the opposite direction of tire rotation, if your going forward, rear up/front down under power and rear down/front up under braking. Reversed when going backwards.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I run a 3/4e and get a small amout of twist on the buggie spring. I figure it will help reduce some twist bind on the main pack. Not alot though maybee 5*?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts