Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ? Im in the middle of putting dual cases in a 90 V6 toy shortbed with a 106"wb and seabass starts talkin about 3 cases... it gets me to thinkin can I get three in mine ? It would sure beat waiting for the 4.70 gears and cheaper to !! so heres my question, Ive got driveshaft lengths of 51" rear and 27 front now. With duals this will change to 44" rear and 34" front and with triples it will be 37.5" rear and 40.5" do you guys think that Ill start running in to driveline trouble with the rear shaft that short ? Ive got high angle driveshafts now with the cv in the rear and they are on there way back to jess to get shortened so really all I would need to do is give him a call and tell him to shorten them another 6.5". Do you see any other problems that I might run into doing this ?

Thanks CJ

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: jonny spotweld ]

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ask Jess what angle they'll take. With the lengths that close you get away with one spare fitting both. The rear on my short box was 41" with my doubler.

·
Registered
243 Posts
my sammy has stock driveshafts that are half the lenght of my toyota ones... I think you wont have any problems unless the angle of them is all out of wack.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after I posted this morning I went to the shop and took some measurements and the rear driveshaft flange will be about 1.5" from the crossmember at the rear of the cab and unless I lower the cases (which I dont want to do) or raise the cross member I think it will be in the way ?????? I dont know, I need to think on it.....

Later CJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts