Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about trying a 3 gun match. prolly going to do the eotech w/ a magnifier behind it.

any other suggestions?

linky to local matches http://coloradomultigun.com/

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I`ve never seen a 3 gun match rifle stage further than 200m. I usually use my Stg-58 with iron sights. Lately however I`ve using my 16" Para Fal with an EOtech. I like it alot. At most match ranges I see no need for magnification, and most all I attend see eveyone using irons or Halo sight of one kind or another. Rarely anything with magnification.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Them are some expensive options for just trying out a match. Search here for DMS-1. Lots of 3 gunners using it in matches, 1-4x variable, illuminated, can be shot both eyes open at 1x for the close stages, circle dot recticle for the longer stages. While I havn't shot matches, I love mine so far. Going with an extended riser and rings you can get the whole deal for under $350 or so. If you like it great, if not it will be easy to get your money out of it later. The recticle is pretty close to the eotect, 10 moa circle around a 1 moa dot and you can still use the recticle without illumination.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've been shooting our local Practical Rifle matches for about 8 years now, 5 of those with irons. Don't feel that you have to go out and buy optics to shoot a match. You won't even be close to competitive the 1st time out anyway....or if you're like me, ever :)

I've done an aimpoint compM3 for awhile, just recently put a Simmons 1.5x5 Shotgun scope on my 20"....works great for me, and minimal investment if you're just "trying it out".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts