Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for the better part of an hour... I remember seeing somone was making off the shelf 3-link kits... Nice Lazer cut panhard bracket etc... who was it?

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
I built my own using alot of brackets from ballistic, alot cheaper than the ORS kit. Just saying is all:D

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I bought a drill press and some metal. Tools are much more useful in the long run.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have a drill press and steel, not spending 2 hours making something that cost 4 dollars was worth it:flipoff2:
some people are not fabricators^ :flipoff2:. i did my own with a drill press and a plasma cutter. way cheaper and i think stronger, besides you can say you did it yourself when done.

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
what about when there brackets are not made for your axle
Ballistic fabrication makes brackets for toyota axles. I made all my brackets for the front axle 3 link, it took a while.

I spent $20 on tabs for the rear and it took 2 days:laughing:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Whay would anybody waiste $$ on them coilovers :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Ballistic fabrication makes brackets for toyota axles. I made all my brackets for the front axle 3 link, it took a while.

I spent $20 on tabs for the rear and it took 2 days:laughing:
do they make them for fj80 axles? i looked for frame brackets for a while to see what there was and if it would clear my motor and tranny in my application and nothing would have worked.

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
do they make them for fj80 axles? i looked for frame brackets for a while to see what there was and if it would clear my motor and tranny in my application and nothing would have worked.
They will modify their brackets to your standards for little extra cost:D

Not trying to start a pissing match, just saying I used them, and was happy:laughing:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had mine cut on a waterjet machine, nice and clean! but most others are torch cut

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
im putting one on an 86 pickup next weekend that i made, ill post pics asap

itll be two lowers and upper link and a panhard, the links have johnny joints and the panhard has heims, the front axle is a dodge dually dana 60, all the brackets are homemade...swayaway, 14 or 16'' coilovers...

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
GUESS if he wanted to make his own, he would not ask about a kit hu?, lol

or were you guys volentering to do it for him:p

the one im installing i sold for $600, free labor if you hand me beer and i dont have to touch a grinder..putting the same setup on my tacoma in a few weekends...

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
the one im installing i sold for $600, free labor if you hand me beer and i dont have to touch a grinder..putting the same setup on my tacoma in a few weekends...
$600????????

Looking around I need say 4 link ends min & those seem to run $100 each
+ the rest + coilovers:smokin:

lets hear about your $600 link, I can go buy like 10 cases of beer & some tequila for ya:eek::barf::laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts