Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering a PJ trailer this week, and wondering what would be better, 3 ramps or a popup dovetail? I had an H&H trailer that had the popup and I liked it but never really hauled anything on it. My Logan trailer has the 2 ramps, and has me always thinking I should have gotten the popup for it.

With 3 ramps, could use it to haul things on top of the dovetail plus have the benefit of a middle ramp...but does the middle ramp ever get much use or is it just a pain in the ass flipping it back and forth?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a Kerney 24 + 5 with the 2 ramps and a pop-up. It's super handy for hauling LONG stuff (32' oil well pipe for fencing). But I wish it had the 3 ramps since I have a tricycle front John Deere A and no good way to haul it.

My vote is the 3 ramps since it works same as pop up for the most part, but you can load a tricycle tractor if need be.

YMMV...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, although I don't have any tricycle tractors, I can't help but think it would come in handy. Just trying to decide if the hassle of putting a third ramp up and down all the time is worth the advantage

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's what I was thinking, although I don't have any tricycle tractors, I can't help but think it would come in handy. Just trying to decide if the hassle of putting a third ramp up and down all the time is worth the advantage
Me personally I would get the monster ramps that they offer, But If not I would do the 3 ramps. Its really not that big of a deal to flip one more ramp. Or get the 3 and once you get it modify it so that the middle ramp can be removed.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Ramps are so 1980

:grinpimp:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My PJ Gooseneck came equipped with 3 ramps. After constantly bashing the middle ramp into the bottom of whatever I was loading, I removed it and put it in storage for later use.
The pop up would be my choice, but it all depends what you plan to haul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts