Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/pso/article/antlered_doe_shot_south_of_olney/

Edwards County Times Advocate photo.

Antlered doe shot south of Olney
December 06, 2011 at 09:50 PM
Olney, Ill. — A true “freak of nature” was taken west of West Salem during the second shotgun season over the weekend.

Richard Lomas, a farmhand for George Knackmuhs, shot this 30-point doe on the late Richard Knackmuhs Farm.

The deer, which features a non-typical rack, a drop antler still in velvet and no evidence of male genitalia, also does not appear to have ever given birth.

Locals estimate the deer to be about 4-5 years old.

Related stories
Hunters take five antlered does in Missouri

The Missouri Department of Conservation says as many as one in every 65 or as few as one in 4,437 female white-tailed deer may grow antlers, depending on the region within North America. It’s all a question of hormones.

WOW!! Some pretty messed up hormones. :laughing:

God Bless,
David B.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I can see why it never give birth, if I was a buck I wouldn't want to fuck that ugly bitch either...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
So if you have a buck only tag and shot that, how much trouble would you be in?
The tags probably say "Antlered Deer" permit, not Buck or Male due to this reason...

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
So if you have a buck only tag and shot that, how much trouble would you be in?
No such thing in Missouri anymore. It's gone 180 from "the old days" when you had to apply for a "doe" tag, but "buck" tags were over the counter.

Now, you can purchase "either sex" tags, and bonus "antlerless only" tags. But, there are no more "antlered only" tags. BTW, we can tag button bucks as "antlerless".

·
Banned
11,679 Posts
The tags probably say "Antlered Deer" permit, not Buck or Male due to this reason...
We just have a "Deer Tag" and the restriction is on antler points depending on what game management unit you are in. Say unit 251 is 3pt. minimum, any deer with 3 points on at least one side is legal regardless of sex.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts