Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mr. Lucky
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell? I cant get the driver side berf out. It's like the housing has closed around the longfield. How do I get it out?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Cut the ball off the housing ( it's bent any way)and get the long out.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
ya twist the driveline till the flat spots on the birf line up with the ones on the ball of the housing. seems dumb but hey you never know. if you did that and its still not coming out, your housing is bent so get to cutting it out.

·
Mr. Lucky
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya twist the driveline till the flat spots on the birf line up with the ones on the ball of the housing. seems dumb but hey you never know. if you did that and its still not coming out, your housing is bent so get to cutting it out.
I'll try it!

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Why do you think the ball/ housing is bent?
Maybe because---you can't pull the axle out :laughing:

This shit aint rocket science :laughing:

·
Premium Member
13,751 Posts
Why do you think the ball/ housing is bent?

If your housing was straight it'd come out easily. Look at the top of the birf, there is some extra space above it and on the bottom the birf is hitting isn't it?

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Do you have the knuckle and steering arms and bottom trunion caps on or off? If the knuckles are on and still under pre-load loosen the bottom cap up. Under pre-load the balls get squished a bit. If that does not help, your axle housing is bent.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Bend it back and pull it out. I did this with a stock birfield. I took a bottle jack under the center of the housing and chained down each ball. slowly bent it back until the shaft pulled out. Im going to try and get the housing straight again and truss it.

If you are going to cut the balls off cut it so you can save the balls to be reused.

·
Registered
278 Posts
First things first did you clearance your housing for the long in the first place? If you didn't do that and shoved it in there thats very well likely your problem. If you did clearance the housing than its bent because I'm pretty sure your longfield did not increase in size while wheeling haha. I had a pretty bend housing I was rockin for a while and two easy ways of getting them out are beating them threw with something from the other side while someone is pulling the birf. Another really good way of doing it is stick a prybar in each side of the housing where the trunion bearings seat. I wouldn't recomend doing that if you want to use your housing. If you do it that way make sure to replace the races. Also you can pry on the outside of the knuckle and pry the birf against the bar works pretty good. If that doesn't work hack that thing off there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
use extension and a hammer go through the top bearing hole hammer like hell if it doesnt come out while doing that and turning the pinion flange cut ball out sucks to be u

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
First things first did you clearance your housing for the long in the first place? If you didn't do that and shoved it in there thats very well likely your problem. If you did clearance the housing than its bent because I'm pretty sure your longfield did not increase in size while wheeling haha. I had a pretty bend housing I was rockin for a while and two easy ways of getting them out are beating them threw with something from the other side while someone is pulling the birf. Another really good way of doing it is stick a prybar in each side of the housing where the trunion bearings seat. I wouldn't recomend doing that if you want to use your housing. If you do it that way make sure to replace the races. Also you can pry on the outside of the knuckle and pry the birf against the bar works pretty good. If that doesn't work hack that thing off there.
Not all housings need to be clearenced.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I took a cut off wheel and clearanced inside the ball. House was very bent, so it was sacraficial. Would have cut the ball off, but I use the housing under parts trucks to roll around and make vrooom vrooom noises.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts