Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to search but since its broken. How do you install the axleshaft into the birfield? There is a snapring on the axleshaft and I feel a grove where a snapring could go in the birfield but it doesnt seem like the snapring will do anything. Any help would be appreciated. I was going to search for the answer but its broken.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just push the axle into the birf until the snap ring snaps into its groove. Be sure not to fold over the snap ring by forcing it into the birf.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
some force may be required to seat the shaft all the way in the hole:D

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
Skii4x$ said:
There is a snapring on the axleshaft and I feel a grove where a snapring could go in the birfield but it doesnt seem like the snapring will do anything.
You will think different when you try and remove the birf from the axle, if you do not know how to do it, it can be a real bitch!!!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
and make sure that you don't go past the groove with the snap ring and the end of the shaft actually ends up in the bell. This will cause damage if run like that

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Foxfab said:
and make sure that you don't go past the groove with the snap ring and the end of the shaft actually ends up in the bell. This will cause damage if run like that
I believe the long's are made so this doesn't matter.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
All of the 30splines I've seen have Martacks on them to prevent poeple from driving them into the birf to far. I know Mine and Kajo's have them for sure. I do remember it being a problem when they first came out though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Skii4x$ said:
the snap ring really doesnt seem like it does anything but oh well i listen to people that have done it before
You are not dealing with major forces in there, but the inner can walk and the snap ring will stop that from happening

·
Registered
802 Posts
On the newest 30 spline longs the axle can't go in to far due to the splines being cut at the correct length so they bottom out when the snap ring is seated in its groove.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Manson said:
On the newest 30 spline longs the axle can't go in to far due to the splines being cut at the correct length so they bottom out when the snap ring is seated in its groove.

Thanks Manson

Yes the newer shafts have been that way for a while now. :)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Skii4x$ said:
the snap ring really doesnt seem like it does anything but oh well i listen to people that have done it before

Yes the snap ring is NEEDED like they said it keeps the inner shaft from going out of the birf into the locker. If did go out of the birf part way you would only have about hafe the spline contact in the birf.:)

And we do have a teck line.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
greasyjeep said:
You are not dealing with major forces in there, but the inner can walk and the snap ring will stop that from happening

+2 Thanks Greasyjeep:smokin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts