Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
If you delete the air conditioning can the heater cover be left off or blocked off on the right side?
If you want no ventilation at all. The fan is on one side, and uses the box to reach the hole for the vents on the other. Mine is a non AC box. The AC box's are huge.

how hard is it to find a v8 exploder and wut years do thay run?
95-01. They are getting more common in salvage yards as they get older.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Will a non-ac box fit over the ac hole? In other words can it be converted to non-ac configuration with factory parts or do you need to do what hav2 did?

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
The holes in the firewall are the same for an A/C or non A/C rig. The A/C rigs have a box that houses everything outside the firewall. The plastic boxes unbolt, and have a back to them independant of the firewall. You can bolt a standard box inplace of an A/C box.

A/C box in my sploder for reference:

A body lift reduces the amount you need to notch the box. I have no body lift, so I used a short EFI cover so I didn't have to notch as much. I set my motor in as far back as I could without denting/moving the firewall. My driver's side head is about 1/4" from the firewall. I can just manage to get the bellhousing bolts in and out of mine... you'd want a body lift for a rig with a C6 in it.

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
Thats Awesome Looks Like Ur Missin Ur Heater Cover. Im Havin A Hell Of A Time Tryin To Swap In The Tod Loader 5spd With Mine
If you are using the M5OD-R2 from an F-150, you can use the top cover and shifter from a 97-03 F-150 to move the shifter further back to clear the dash.

If you're using a ZF... It's trim and bend time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts