Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this be a worthwhile swap? I know most wil say a hemi would be better, but i don't have a free Hemi layin around if you know what i mean. If worth it, would the stock auto 4-speed be sufficent and such. Is there any word from AA or Novak on JK conversions coming out?

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Assuming smog legality (if it's even an issue), why would you want to swap out a modern engine for an old carbed piece of crap? At least swap something in that has fuel injection. Do you just want a V8 at any cost?
Travis..

·
Registered
299 Posts
That seems like a huge step backwards to me. What is your current horsepower compared to a stock 304? You might look at selling the JK's driveline and use that money to buy the driveline you want. I would think your open to other engine/trans combo's if you contemplated the 304.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've got a lot of old junk lying around. Doesn't mean I want to put it in my Jeep.:shaking:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
You realize that if you put a 304 engine into a 2wd 4door vehicle it will self destruct.:p

I'm not aware of anyone that has run a AMC 304 with a 42RLE transmission. I'm assuming it's still the 42RLE like on +03 TJ's???

That transmission needs stuff from a computer to work properly, the 304 was gone when Bill Gates was still in a garage. EFI, computer, sensors,would all be be a crazy scenario unless you have the equipment and knowledge to "dial" the components in. Adapter wise you can have things built to make anything fit from novack and others.

FYI: A AMC engine will not put hair on your plastic grill.:flipoff2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.