Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have you decided what you are going with yet? I am just starting my research, so all I know is that I NEED load E rated, adn I WANT the biggest I can fit without rubbing ;)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I have a friend with a stock '01 2500 with 315/75R16 Big O XTs, as far as I know they don't rub, if they do, its real minor on the control arms. His truck has the camper and plow packages, and sits higher than most stock ones, it seems.

As far as E rated, many of the oversize tires are D rated, but the actual load rating (in #s) is the same as the stock size E rated; I know that was the case when I went from 245/75 Es to 255/85 D's on mine.

Pete

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you find out if his rub for me??? Thanks. I have the camper package but not the snow plow. I am assuming that beefs up the front end where the camper does the rear? :beer:

Good to know on the ratings...thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
My first post didn't seem too productive so I removed it.
I went with the 285-75 x16 Goodyear MTRs. I stoped off at Best Buy on my way home and there was a Dodge three spots down from me with 315-75x16 MTRs on it. Boy did it look sweet. It had one of those 2in. coil spacers on it. If it wasn't there, it looked like it would rub in the rear part of the front fenders. 305s would be real close without a lift. My truck is tall enough already without a lift.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I'll ask him. They are on the factory 16 x 8 alloys.

Also, the coil spacers often can make rubbing problems worse, if they rub at the back of the fender wells. Due to the already crappy angle of the contol arms (in Dodge's crap-ass "suspension"), it pulls the axle back when you lift the front end with stock control arms. Also makes the ride crappier (yes, it is possible :flipoff2: ) by increasing the angle; I noticed the difference when I added my 2-1/2" spacers.

Pete

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm, thats interesting, i wondered about that....the control arm setup doesnt seem to be ideal for lifting without replacing EVERYTHING ;) I think I am gonna go for the 285 like dennis, but I dunno, 305 sure would be nice under there :D :evil: I wonder if americas tire will test fit some and let me rip around the block on em :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts