Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find 31 spline axles for a 74 bronco at a good price!!!??

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Check out Summit Racing they sell Superior Axle and Gear 31 spline axles for EBs for about $340. Good stuff too, the splines are rolled in instead of cut, making them much stronger. BTW I've had problems with Dutchman Motorsports axle so beware:eek: So, check it out:D www.summitracing.com

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
JJ said:
moser axles are $295 for a pair of hardened axles. pretty good price. check out moser online.
That price is just the shaft, by the time you add bearings and studs (don't forget to have the axel retaining bolt hole put in) they are $427 to the door in WA for the last 2 sets I bought. They also make a 33 splined spool for the 9" if you are going woth a spool then you may want to consider that because the axles are the same price up to 35 or 40 splined.
HTH

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Hit the wrecking yards and get some 4x4 F150 or Big Bronco 9" axles. They will be 31 spline. They usuallly are pretty cheap. Send them to S&N Fab and Tom will cut and re-spline them for you.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just make sure they don't neck down too small where you want them to cut new splines. But as FearMe said that is the cheapest way to go and S&N's work speaks for itself (nice) and Tom did a front shaft for me and it is the nicest respline I have ever seen :D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The shafts in the Summit catalog come ready to bolt in with bearings and retainer plates already installed and they're brand new not some resplined junkyard axles. And the fact that the splines are rolled in instead of cut is a major improvement in strength. I don't think you can find a better deal than that! Just my opinion though:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts