Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any digital images or know anything about a rock crawler built around (or to resemble) a 32 Ford T-Bucket? I think it was built by a shop called Dave's Offroad Equipment. I searched around...but found nada.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
There was a vehicle at ttc a few years ago that had a ford hot rod body (I am not sure if it was a t bucket). I think the vehicle was on an early bronco frame. It had 42 inch tires in the back and 38 inch tires up front. Maybe that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
masonmachines said:
There was a vehicle at ttc a few years ago that had a ford hot rod body (I am not sure if it was a t bucket). I think the vehicle was on an early bronco frame. It had 42 inch tires in the back and 38 inch tires up front. Maybe that is what you are looking for.
Possibly. I have seen only one digital image of this rig and it was a full tube body built around the body of the Ford It had four link suspension and long travel coil overs. It had 44 boggers in the rear and 44 TSLs in the front on beadlocks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The one that was shown for the TTC is still around. I saw it on Cliff Hanger in Moab this past EJS.

The back tires were definitely larger than the front. It was pretty sick. I didn't get a pic though.

The color was pink or something kind of :rainbow: It should have been black....

·
Battle Masher
2,245 Posts
ROCKDOG4X4 said:
Anyone have any digital images or know anything about a rock crawler built around (or to resemble) a 32 Ford T-Bucket? I think it was built by a shop called Dave's Offroad Equipment. I searched around...but found nada.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah that was built here in bend. Think its a different one then is pictured. My buddy might have some pics ill try and get them from him.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually that is not it. But that is pretty darn cool. I found the one image that I do have. I would attach it, but it is 680k and I do not have a graphics program to shrink it with.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
ROCKDOG4X4 said:
Actually that is not it. But that is pretty darn cool. I found the one image that I do have. I would attach it, but it is 680k and I do not have a graphics program to shrink it with.
email it. I'll shrink it

[email protected] ;)

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts
it took me a while to find the pic, but ive wheeled with this guy at Barnwell. seems everyone knows him from all over. i cant remember were he was from but he frequents gilmer alot. super nice hella cool guy. :)

ignore the datestamp, its way off...

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
just in case anyones lookin to do another t-bucket. I have access to a fiberglass bucket body that just came off. cracked here and there, perfect for a crawler. prolly get it for free.. ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
why the different tores front to rear SIZE I mean?:flipoff2: :confused:
It's a Hot Rod thing, you wouldn't understand!

Just keeping it true to the Hot Rod style of big tyres in the back smalls in the front. Always loved ferris' rig, love to build something like it to combine my love of 4wheeling and hot rods:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts