Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 32 Spline NP205 ($200 :grinpimp:) today to go behind the SM465 (also 32 spline) in my 89 blazer. The adapter looks like this:

I *think* there is the short 32 spline in this thing. Please correct me if I'm wrong. What do I need to do to get this thing attached to my SM465?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's circle 6 bolt pattern. I can't find the right adapter. I searched. Couldn't find shit. Googled. Couldn't find shit. Then checked Advanced, don't think I found what I need. I suck at the interweb I guess. Someone got a link?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
even you find the right adapter i still not sure it wil work 4 u as i am almost positive that the female input on the 205 is a different length- depth also
but try your local gm dealer and get that part nu then go to gmpartsdirect.com
but like i said be ready to buy a new input 4 your 205 also because as kwt mec allready said its from a early 400 best of luck
R

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
you need a different input shaft and a different adapter.

you need the long input, try to find it at www.tbtrans.com

you need the adapter that goes with it, its about 4 inches long, and has a 6 bolt pattern on each end.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
The 205 you show in the picture is a "figure eight" pattern, and will not work with a 32 spline 465. It has a short 32 spline input gear.
You need a "round" 205 used from 1985-91, and the scarce 465/round 205 adapter.

The transfer case and adapter you have are very marketable, and should get you close to and even trade for the round 205 you need.

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
that does not look like the figure 8 adaptor on my 465 and 205 case. mine looks like a figure 8 not round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts