Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! i want to use 32" super swamper. will springs whith 3 inch lift help me? i have standart sj413.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
A spring over conversion (~5" of lift) is usually good for 31's as is. Trim the fenders a bit, and you'll fit 33's. Between the 3" lift spring and a lot of trimming, you should be able to fit a set of 32's.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
If you want to run 32" tires you may need more than a standard SPOA (spring over axle) lift if you don't want to cut the body or have interference problems with the firewall. If money isn't a big issue I would recommend a SPOA with a YJ spring kit (Jeep Wrangler springs). With that setup, you can easily run 32's without any problem. I would also recommend gear reduction to turn that size tire. I like 4.62 ring and pinions with a 32" tire for highway speed and mud or light trail use. Or, you can get your reduction with a lower geared tranfer case such as a GRS II (4.89 ratio). Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I ran 33's with a 5" lift and it had enough room. I had to beat the metal flange down inside the wheel well though so it didn't dig into my tires when the suspension was compressed. I wouldn't try 33's on a 3" lift. If you took your 3" lift springs and put them over the axel instead of under it, you should have enough clearance for the 33's. Get a shock tower extender to allow the shock enough room to compress or you'll be rattling your teeth out.

Regardless of what lift kit you use, with 33" tires or larger You'll need to get wheels with very little backspacing so that your tires don't bite into the leaf springs when you turn. If you have it locked in 4WD and the tire grabs your spring, it will walk right under your car and snap your front axel and steering linkage....

edit: doh! I read it wrong.. you want to use 32's, not 33's. You might fit a 32 under a 3" spring under axel lift, but its going to be packed tight. The 32's should clear the springs with normal backspacing, but again, it will be tight.

·
Registered
203 Posts
*points to seach feature*
Terrible flamer..... can't even spell "Search"....:flipoff2:

Wait a minute...

This guy is from Russia asking people in a different than his own native language how to do something cool. Dude, you need to stop and be nice to people that are attempting to bridge the gap. I commend someone that is from another country takin on our hobbies.

Honestly I agree with truck trader and baratacus.:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Terrible flamer..... can't even spell "Search"....:flipoff2:

Doh! I suck ass!

Just seen a lot of sloppy shifter / how to fit "x" tire / noob stuff in here recently. Would be nice to get back to more tech filled stuffs. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
If he tried to go over that rock, it looks like bad driving caused that.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Great sequence of pics on that rollover.

Go SPOA. It's safe if it's done properly. The guy in the rollover took a stupid line........all he had to do was go two feet to the left and avoid the rock.

And.........what the hell is he doing competing without a rollcage????

1 - 20 of 36 Posts