Pirate 4x4 banner

1101 - 1116 of 1116 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah but how sick would they look lol.. the bottom ones are nice also, just don't scream old school japanese to me. Plus it's always easier to spend other peoples money.

·
Registered
28,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
yeah but how sick would they look lol.. the bottom ones are nice also, just don't scream old school japanese to me. Plus it's always easier to spend other peoples money.
I'm a practical guy. I hate to beat the shit of them knowing that replacement cost is $500 per corner. That wouldn't be bad if all wheels were that much. :laughing: But, knowing that I can run a $200 wheel that is well engineered, light and has the proper offset for my car is appealing to me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
im with you on all your points, you don't have to convince me, Im an engineerd. i was speaking purely aesthetically lol.

slight hijack, where do you work down there?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Do you run studded tires? I did not, and it could be a real challenge getting from Denver at 5280 feet to home at 7400 feet. I'd have to side hill at times to get traction, but it was possible.
I do, good winter tires are a must ( I need new ones for next winter) Have a set of chains for mountain crossings in snowstorms

It`s been fine all winter but last nights snow was so wet I got stuck a few feet into my driveway :shaking: fakkin`ell

them 6ULs are quite nice

·
Registered
28,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,107
I bought the red and green pig donor last night. It is a piece of shit, but it runs and has somewhat cool A/C. :laughing: The body is straight. It is actually one of the straightest original miatas that I've seen. That is if it doesn't have a shitload of bondo under the rattlecan paintjob. :laughing: There is no evidence of it being wrecked hard. The kids are going to help me get the shop sorted this weekend. I hope to get started on disassembly soon.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts

·
Registered
28,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,115 (Edited)
So, I'm moving to TN. I'm planning on working, working out, working on the Miata, and that's about it. :smokin:

This post will be reserved for the new build specs. I'll put this post link in my sig so that it's easy to find the updates.

Chassis: Bought a clapped out '90 pig to replace the old chassis. There are some things that I didn't like that I had done. This will be a fresh build. I will give this one a fresh coat of white paint.

Suspension: The VMaxx Track Pack coilovers will be salvaged from old Ms. Budweiser as well as the control arms with poly bushings. I may uninstall the bushings for powder coating the arms. I have not decided yet.

Wheels: I'm thinking of running the 15x9 6ULs with 275 rubber. That is a track setup. I may have to run 245s to get a more streetable tire.

Brakes: Fronts will be Willwood 11" big brake kit. I'll probably run Miata Sports in the rear. Brake master will need to be upgraded.

Driveline: Some aluminum LS variant with rear mounted turbo. I may go with a ceramic bearing turbo or dedicated oiling system for the turbo in the rear. T56 transmission with upgraded clutch master will be used. I might as well go for the aluminum driveshaft. The 7.5" diff and axles will transfer from the old Ms. Budweiser.

Fuel: Upgraded fuel rails and injectors, A1000 pump + regulator, fuel cell in the trunk. The stock fuel tank will go away.

Cage/Rollbar: TBD

1101 - 1116 of 1116 Posts