Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of an AX15 to 32RH swap in my 99 TJ 4.0. Looks like I have sourced all of the parts except for the dust shield. I can't find one on eBay, Davey's Jeep doesn't have one, still awaiting call-backs from a couple other salvage places. Jeep, of course, no longer carries them.

I've seen lots of them for the later model TJ's, AW4's and 4 cylinders, but never physically seen one for a 97-02 4.0 TJ. If I can't find one, what are my options? I'm wondering if anyone has a source for one, or happens to know if something like the AW4 one could be modified to work somehow?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
pretty sure the early Torque Flight CJ's and YJ's (TF999 and TF909)use the same guard. May help expand your search . . .

Otherwise, cutting one out of aluminum is always an option.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still no luck in finding one, even with expanded search. I do have the dust shield that was on the AX15, but obviously it does not have the removable section on the bottom half so you can reach the converter bolts.

I'm thinking I could modify that somehow, but I really don't have a good handle on the important design feautures of a dust shield w/ respect to how it interfaces between the engine and the transmission. I know the one I have for the AX15 is more than just a flat piece of sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kind of my back-up plan, just wasn't sure if the long slot in the AX15 cover would affect anything? I know it's covered up by the transmission bell housing, but like I mentioned above I really have no experience with dust shields and transmissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts