Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My zuk is finally coming together and i am picking out shoes right now, i really want 33x10.50 boggers just to be different, plus i live in the south and mud is everywhere.Is anyone running this? I really would like to see some pics of these with just the basic SPOA setup. Thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
what kind of gears are you running?? you have to get the boggers spinning really fast to clean them out.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i have them on the back of my sammy with 34 LTB's on the front. 5.13's gears are just fine. As a matter of fact i am getting the 4.16 transfer case to go with it. I usually run low range right now but after that i should be able to run high range. i live in south east ohio and its mostly mud and i love my setup. sorry no pics right now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nc zuk........i didnt mean that its never been done. I just meant most have other tires. Are those 10.50s in that pic?

redneckryder84.....i have never thought about running ltb's on the front and the boggers on the rear. That sounds like a sweet setup.

·
Registered
629 Posts
there's a guy in my club who runs that tire. he likes it, he just wants lockers now.

personally, i'd wonder where 31" boggers and front and rear lockers aren't taking you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just figured that the 33x10.50 being narrower would put about the same stress or less than the 31x12.50 one.......plus youd have a bit more clearence

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Personally I would stick with the ltb's.... It takes a lot to keep boggers moving with out a lot of power... and all that throttle with a tire like that does indeed break things...... my 0.02

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I ran the 33x14.50 Boggers on my Sami with 4.62s and 4 to 1 T-case and could spin them fast enough to clean 'em out no problems. They were great and only took 'em off to go up to the 35x16 Boggers.

They climbed great and hooked up on slippery rocks and roots, the only problem I saw was sometimes in the real goopy stuff, the front would tend to dig when I wanted it to float. I think if I was to do it again I'd be interested in running the boggers in back and standard TSLs up front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts