Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find someone who has done a 350 sm465 toyota 3speed case swap in a 40 to tell me how far back from shock mounts they went for the motor mounts to work with heater core. Radiator clearance isn't really an issue mounting it to front bib with electric fan if anyone could help I would really appreciate it by the way im using downey mounts if that matters thanks:D

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I am in the process of doing a 350/sm465/4 speed. AA suggests something like 8-12 inches behind the shock towers. I am at 11-1/4 and my shifter is pretty close but should be fine. I flipped my rear springs and still have like a 25 inch rear shaft.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I ran a electric in front, and a 7 blade clutch fan with a shroud. You will have cooling issues if you just run an electric fan, Unless you are running a larger than stock radiator.
I would highly recommend running the above set-up, so you don't run into surprises later on.
My 350 was placed so the HEI cleared the firewall by about 1", this left very little clearance in the front for the fan and shroud. Of course I was running the long water pump. If you run a short pump clearance won't be an issue.
I don't remember the exact measurements for the mounts, but they were within an inch or two from AA measurements.
Even with the 350 within 1" from the firewall, the shifter for the SM465 was still in the way of the heater. I had to bend the shifter, and trim the bottom portion of the heater box, to get it to clear.:skull:

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello i was just curious what clutch your running hydraulic or z-bar? And what you did with the exhaust not be an issue to set-up the linkage (if z-bar) everything else went smooth and and fit ok..........thanks in advance for any help you may give me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.