Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a '87 GMC K1500 with a 350 tbi and a 700r4 and i keep having problems with it dying in traffic/ while idling , and as a result its put me in some dicey situations, at first i thought it was the fuel filter but so fa ive replaced it 4 times, and a used a fuel deturgent for a while, but the problems continued so i put on a new cap and rotor and it only made it worse (yes i did the correct firing order) i also got a new ignition module. im at a loss and i dont know what to do to fix it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
187 Posts
Check the injector spray pattern, I had the same issue with a 1992 545 TBI and needed to have the injectors professionally cleaned - in tank additive was not enough. It ran great after the cleaning.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Check the TBi to intake gasket. Test the IAC. Pull the IAC and clean the port. Don't not use any chemicals on the IAC. And don't mess with the adjustment.

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
check the egr valve, or just bypass it then redrive it. worked on a 89 a few years ago that had the same issue, it either died while sitting there idle in gear or while cruising at a low speed, found out the egr valve was opening up at idle causing a huge vacuum leak

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ill just throw it out there, but did you check all your grounds?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts