Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Disc brake guru
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buggy with a 350 trans. I love my auto trans and would never think of swapping to a manual trans. I do some pretty crazy stuff with it and I have noticed sometimes when I get it almost straight up that it starts slipping like its out of fluid. I'm pretty sure that is what's happening. I wonder if anyone else has run into this and done something to fix it. If so what should I do other than avoid such steep climbs at low speeds?

·
Disc brake guru
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search pirate and google for torque converter.
I know what a torque converter is, I just don't know if it's possible to mod one for my needs.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I have a buggy with a 350 trans. ..................................... when I get it almost straight up that it starts slipping like its out of fluid.............. I'm pretty sure that is what's happening.

UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yeah....... Like stated before, get a deeper pan---------you also may have to overfill... a little------OR, don't put it straight up and down

·
Registered
848 Posts
I use a deep pan and slightly overfill the trans by a quart and a half or so. Other than that, there is really nothing else you can do. Someone needs come up with a big accumulator that is pressurized to feed the pump while upside down.......:mr-t:

·
Disc brake guru
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the pick up somehow. Really you would need a pickup at the front and rear and a simple valve in the middle so it would pick up from one or the other depending on angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts