Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grinpimp: I am building a 360 for my3/4 ton J20. I have several Elbelbrock intakes. Has anyone installed a chevy EFI throttle body on a aftermarket intake? Also where can I get a HEI conversion to replace the stock Distibutor? Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can take a early points distributer take the gear off and swap it to a GM HEI or just order a new DUI unit from 4WD Hardware, But lots cheaper to build your own and simple too. as for FI check out Howell FI, Realy good swap and they use GM stuff so getting parts is as easy as going to Napa.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have read you can't use the HEI on the Howell kit. Anyone know if that is the case????

Looking to do the same here in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:grinpimp: I am building a 360 for my3/4 ton J20. I have several Elbelbrock intakes. Has anyone installed a chevy EFI throttle body on a aftermarket intake? Also where can I get a HEI conversion to replace the stock Distibutor? Any helpful tips would be appreciated.
Proform sells a nice unit for AMC engines, you can get one from multiple vendors (Quadratec, Summit...) . I have one and love it!
I would recommend getting a matched set of distributor & cam gears just to be on the safe side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts