Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge/Chrysler D.U.I.

Does anyone know if this will fit in an 85 ramcharger? Also does it seal out water better than the stock distributor?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only reason I ask is because they specify the 85 1ton as being an issue, and I don't assume a lot of parts get tried on a ramcharger. So I'd like to be relatively sure it will fit before i start thinking seriously about it. I'm down to do a little BFH work on the firewall if needed but if it's too tall or something there won't be much i can do.

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
The issue with an '85 1 ton would probably be that the 360 4bbl had a dual pickup distributor. Other models had a dual pickup also, but as long as you have a single pickup distributor it should be fine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you're having moisture in the Dist probs on a Ramcharger, it's more than likely related to the hood seam, as opposed to the Dist design. Any water that ends up on the hood, above the dist, will run right off and onto the cap/wires of a smallblock. Good quality wires, and di-electric grease will help with that.

I looked at using a DUI setup on my RC, but ended up with a MP electronic Dist, and MSD throughout the rest (along with the aforementioned grease). HAven't had a single hickup since then.

Luck!

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
There is no way in hell I would put GM bullshit on my truck.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The other option I am looking at is:
Mopar Performance P3690426

The mechanical advance in my current distributor is all messed up and I would like the added power f the upgraded ignition box, so this package looks nice, and is cheaper than the DUI unit. Is this a good option? I personally have no problem putting "GM Bullshit" in my truck if it works.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Go with the Mopar Ignition P3690426 It is simple reliable, and is a bolt in, Use dialectric grease, and build a splash guard.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey i was looking into th DUI one but gah it was to much for my $ for my off road truck. But If you read the DUI that has the coil in side its a lot taller than the one with the coil out side and it is biger but should fit .

I just ordered one off Ebay got it mail today it cost me about $110 for the Distributor and coil this is a single wire so all i got to do is power it up with a hot wire and crank it up .

ill post up later on how it does . nathan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts