Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking purchase a set of 39.5 iroks for my gotta buggy. Will the stock axles shafts handle these? Looking for opions from people have ran them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
By stock axles do you mean Birfields also? If so, not just no, but hell no.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If locked up front, what slower said. I've got 40's on mine with an OPEN front, welded rear and aint broke nothing yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well have full tube chassis 16 valve geo motor trans w/ Sammy case probably only weighs around 2k lbs 5:29 in axles 6:5:1 in tcase. Very light set up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would rock it then. Just keep the wheel speed low.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Id buy longs if I were you or carry a bunch of spares. They'll hold as long as your not on it full lock or get into a bind.
X2 get longs and dont worry about it

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I ran 39.5" IROKS on my truggy/buggy for 2 years on toy axles. Broke more parts than I can remember but know that I broke hubs, knuckles, older Longfields, rear stock shafts, ring and pinions, and a lock right. I never broke a new 30 spline Longfield (installed after ruining the ringed ones) but I broke every part at least once in the axles so carry spares of everything else if you buy Longfields. Oh yeah, and I am relatively gentle with the skinny pedal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i would say depends on how you drive. i wheeled with a guy with a heep and he had a locked 30/35 combo on either 36s or 37s with no breakage:eek:. but wheeled with sense and a light foot. so im sure they could hold up but the question is for how long.

·
Registered
649 Posts
DOOO IT!!!

Build is still in progress but 39.5 look so sick

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
I am running 39.5" iroks on dirty 30's and a spooled rear with no issues. I have a very light foot since I drive my shit to the trail and still have to get home. I am throwing a lockrite in the front and we will see what happens. I am on 4.88's also.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am running 39.5" iroks on dirty 30's and a spooled rear with no issues. I have a very light foot since I drive my shit to the trail and still have to get home. I am throwing a lockrite in the front and we will see what happens. I am on 4.88's also.
i certainly hope that dirty 30s can hold up with a lockrite and 39.5s. i plan to move up to 39.5 from 36 one day with my 30s and lockrite but i dont have a light foot. im also running a diamond housing and 5.29s too.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
My old truck is still running 39.5 Iroks. 30-spline Longfields, Detroits, 4.88's. I broke four 27-spline birf's in one weekend.... :laughing:. The 30-splines are holding up though.

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
i certainly hope that dirty 30s can hold up with a lockrite and 39.5s. i plan to move up to 39.5 from 36 one day with my 30s and lockrite but i dont have a light foot. im also running a diamond housing and 5.29s too.
A good buddy of mine who has ran 39.5's for the last 3 years has arbs f and r and runs his shit into the ground with no issues. Its all in how you drive. The rears are fine, on the fronts adjust the steer stops so you aren't turning so tight and taker easy on the skinny pedal.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im running 39.5x18x15 bead locked boggers on a stock axle, 4.56 gear with a open carrier.

Truck is only used for snow wheeling which is why im sure its holding up so good :smokin:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Do it, but buy longfields or dirty 30's. 39.5 tires are pushing the limits of Toyota axles, even with upgraded parts. You will brake parts if you wheel hard, but it is all part of the sport. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts