Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not digging the door/leg bars. They seem out of place and what are they protecting? The seat?

Im not even sure why I'm making a complaint though. The work is amazing.
The bars look to be under the seat edges. Only way he could make them fit with the seat position.

I'm not a jeep guy so I don't know but the seat edges are inline with the outside edge of the tub. That's got to be crazy with your arm and elbow outside the sheetmetal when your driving. Its got to feel like driving a go kart.

I would guess sliders really help here with protection from obstacle intrusion into the driver safety zone.

Good work so far.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
The bars look to be under the seat edges. Only way he could make them fit with the seat position.

I'm not a jeep guy so I don't know but the seat edges are inline with the outside edge of the tub. That's got to be crazy with your arm and elbow outside the sheetmetal when your driving. Its got to feel like driving a go kart.

I would guess sliders really help here with protection from obstacle intrusion into the driver safety zone.

Good work so far.
Not digging the door/leg bars. They seem out of place and what are they protecting? The seat?

Im not even sure why I'm making a complaint though. The work is amazing.
Thanks guys.

Seats out wide relative to body for visibility and interior space,
and contoured door bar and matching tube doors were one of the few design details requested by the customer, along with cockpit style full wrap dash and console. The step bars certainly provide a wider area of protection.

Not particularly how I would want my own personally, but when its done it will all flow... guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Cage has been removed, fully welded , and made its way back home. Ready for the last tie on to the engine cage/ front half tubing.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Killer build! Any plans to tie the cage into the plates on the front of the rear fenders?

Edit: Also what are you going to mount to the tube flange on the center of the dash?
4th pic, you can see the flanges on the firewall that will triangulate to the dash triangle.

Yes, those shock plates will tie into the open end tube node on the b-post, and all rear fender cage feet will go down to the frame under the fender.

thanks blase!

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
looks great.. i dig the seat mounts
Thank you
Don't know if it would look stupid, but you could put a third "hand hold" in the center. If the driver is getting bold, the pax might like it. LOL.
I thought about that, I would add one if owner wants. I have previously ran one there in other rigs; its a handy spot, no pun intended.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Not much shop time of late.

So I knocked out a small task, with the front bumper.

Working on finishing the tube work on the front half.

And a little brainstorming on console area.

Matt

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts

Matt

almost too many options there :laughing: looking forward to seeing how you stack them in there :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Any updates?
Incoming soon.

Lots of work in the shop, trying to apply available time equally with all... also busy season in metal recycling.

Thanks for checking in.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Can i ask why you need heim joints on the stinger?
Don't need them, but the spreaders are removable, so as to remove the grill...and it's a good place to carry spare steering tie rod heims.

101 - 120 of 174 Posts