Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Back to our regularly scheduled programming after Dixie Run next weekend at golden mountain park in TN.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Did you make those hinges? Can't wait to see you latches go in.
That's a very common hinge. We use them on all of our vehicles at work for covers and whatnot. They work very well and are pretty cheap.

Glad to see more metal glue magic on this thing ;) You're been quiet for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Did you make those hinges? Can't wait to see you latches go in.
Austinhardware.com

Barrel hinges, striker plates, rotary latch and strikers. Installed pics tomorrow.
That's a very common hinge. We use them on all of our vehicles at work for covers and whatnot. They work very well and are pretty cheap.

Glad to see more metal glue magic on this thing ;) You're been quiet for a while.

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Austinhardware.com

Barrel hinges, striker plates, rotary latch and strikers. Installed pics tomorrow.
the Barrel hinges i think are called Weld-On Lift Off hinges on their site. Couldn't find the striker plate, but found the rotary latch and striker bolts.

What are you going to use as the door handle? just the little tab on the latch or something fancier?

Very cool site and parts on there for sure! Can't wait to see the finished product Matt!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Doors latched. Still need to make a paddle for the release lever. I set it up to pull up to release.

Cutlerfab

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
how easy is that latch to grab? Everything looks great, that latch just looks hard to get at.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Doors turned out awesome
That's slick.
thanks guys
how easy is that latch to grab? Everything looks great, that latch just looks hard to get at.
super easy, lay hand on top tube and slight flick with index finger, or go in the 'v' around behind the protection plate- which is there to keep a tree branch from popping latch. when seated, it can't be released via your arm or elbow, i reach across with the inside hand and pop the latch.

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #138

121 - 140 of 174 Posts