Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Thank you!

Banged out a quick little 3d part from a 2d draft, on the plasma table. A couple slight modifications for the drivers side, (this side is acceptable with tweaking). Once corrected I'll modify the drawing to knockout the drivers side to be a bolt on pattern.

You can also see where I modified the hood flange, due to slanting the grill rearward allowing a 1.5" drop off the front edge for visibility. It was no longer 90 degrees to the tub face, so I had to re-crease the flange higher on the grill side.

Cutlerfab

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
Interesting dropping the hood down. doesn't look like much really at all from the side shot so probably well worth the effort :smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Interesting dropping the hood down. doesn't look like much really at all from the side shot so probably well worth the effort :smokin:
Yes, hard to see it, unless you notice the cant of the grill. But in that short 10" span from firewall to tube fender, I took away .375 at the tube. You can also see the reveal difference from the hood hinge down to the corner at the firewall/ new fender sheetmetal.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
How noticeable is the visibility increase?
It's not tremendous, but inches count. Especially with a low seat.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Very nice Matt, super clean as per usual.

I remember dropping the hood down on my old TJ buggy as well, like you say .. inches count, or that's whats my GF says anyways :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Very nice Matt, super clean as per usual.

I remember dropping the hood down on my old TJ buggy as well, like you say .. inches count, or that's whats my GF says anyways :laughing:
Thanks Joey!
what's the little dohicky that is right behind the fender?

Handy little stronghand accessory

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Added some branding to the new fender. It will have some stainless mesh on the back later. Learned the bend radius dimensions after 1st run, adjusted the drawing on this run, bent out in perfect x/y dims. Doesn't sound like much, but it really is from a fab stand point= less time and tweaking. Glued the skin to the tube with some silicon bronze; it blends much easier being a softer material; and less heat in the sheet metal.

Also had some time to draw the tailgate opening replacement...

Cutlerfab

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
Still in the loop, still in its place in the shop. Owner in no hurry, allows me to do some other jobs as they come. It is slated to bet back on it this fall. And finish out for next spring.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts