Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what you guys think. This is for a front end. 3link wishbone style with the wishbone as bottom link and mounted on the inboard of the frame and the top links mounted on the outboard off the frame using the same bolts as the bottom link just sleeve the frame. Top links mounted at the axle with like a 6” spread off the bottom mount. Links would be Johnny joints on all links both ends except frame side of wishbone which would be bushings. on paper it looks good, no extreme pinion angles. It would be easy to setup, protect front driveline and oil pan. But how do you think it would handle and would this same set up work as a rear suspension?

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I will "work" but its far from ideal. You have a lot of searching and reading to do yet...

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
That pinion is going to travel all over the place as the suspension cycles.... other than that... I've wheeled worse.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It will work fine if you get some seperation on the frame end. Look up the tuning air shock thread. He is have trouble with mounting points like you mention.

Toddy

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It will work fine if you get some seperation on the frame end. Look up the tuning air shock thread. He is have trouble with mounting points like you mention.

Toddy
X2
i did this on my front end and it works great

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
your roll axis is at the angle of your lower links, at the height of the wishbone convergence

you have infinite as/dive right now, need seperation, at least i would if it were mine

its also really easy to draw something...to actually get it to fit on the vehicle like that with an oil pan, frame rails, shocks, springs and steering is a completely different story............qyuit drawing pics and go throw some broomsticks under your truck to see what REALLY works

mines nothing like my pictures...itw a sereis of comprimises for fit, clearance and, hopefully, performance on the street and trail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts