Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
So Friday morning we get unloaded and hit the trails. First 2 we run are railbed and pinball and of course 20 minutes off the trailer I break the long side inner, outter, and u joint! I hit up Dan at DMR from the side of the mountain and get a complete set of chromo’s with super joints ordered with over night delivery..........only to find out there is no overnight service to Harlan KY. However, the warehouse is in Florence KY so we book it to the trailer, borrow a truck, and start driving!

Luckily I have an awesome girlfriend who was down for spending 9 hours in the car to go get shafts! We make it to the warehouse in the nick of time and grabbed what we needed!

My other buddy broke a RCV while we were gone so I grabbed him some shafts too and we proceeded to have a parking lot party fixing our junk!

Saturday was a pretty solid day of wheeling!

Coming out the top of Your Turn

The waterfall

Lower rock garden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #202 (Edited)
Lions Den

Video of the run

Top of the world!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Nice build. That thing would look nice with some boatsides :)
Boat sides are in the works. I'm going to do the swag body mounts (already purchased) and boat side it when I do a new cage!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
is that Ian harks white TJ? how the the pits compare to the treps? about the only 42" tires I like.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #208 (Edited)
is that Ian harks white TJ? how the the pits compare to the treps? about the only 42" tires I like.

I know the picture makes it look white but it's actually silver, and yes it is Ian's! As for comparing the tries goes.......I mean, it's a sticky vs a non sticky. If I had the money to buy some treps I would run those over the pitbulls any day. I think there was only one obstacle he made that I had to pull cable on, but I can't say if that was because of the tires or some other reason. I was pretty timid Saturday after having to fork out all the loot on shafts and working all night. Promised the GF I'd take it easy so we actually got to wheel (watching me work on shit is no fun for her). So the pitbulls aren't bad tires, but they aren't stickys either. I'll upgrade when I can afford to do so!

Great pics. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks a lot.

We got to wheel a little private rock garden in north GA this past weekend that was fun.

My girlfriend wanted to drive, so here's her first run...............obviously not afraid to send it!

Here's me hitting one of the ramps, they were really trying to mind fu*k me on this one. I had to cut out 3 minutes of heckling!

Amazing how big a difference a little suck down with the winch can do.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Anymore updates? Any snow wheeling planned?

I sent you a PM!

We don’t really get any snow in SC! Getting excited for nicer weather and more opportunities to go wheel! Not a tone to update here but there’s been a few things:

Added another jeep to the fleet for my daughter!

Finally got the little corner fenders mounted.

Upgraded to an S&W Offroad winch rope and got a new hook!

Then took my talents to Windrock!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
More Windrock

Then got to go check out a new local park for the first time. Quarry Town

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I like both your and Ian's builds. I follow him on IG. I am starting my build this month, and would love to ask you a few questions, especially since you're local.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I like both your and Ian's builds. I follow him on IG. I am starting my build this month, and would love to ask you a few questions, especially since you're local.

Sure, my IG is @z_d_savage or you can pm me here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Got some upgrades coming to the ol’ TJ!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Where are you wheeling? My wife has been itching to move back to Charleston SC. Id be interested in finding places to go.

Awesome rig.

I’m in Greenville, locally we go to Gulches and Quarry Town. But we travel to Harlan, Windrock, Morris Mountain, AOP, etc.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #217

Doubler is out, transmission crossmember won’t work so it’s out, new crossmember and hopefully the atlas going in tomorrow!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
As is usually the case, nothing is going right on this little atlas swap and mission creep is growing rapidly.

Built a plywood atlas to check clocking and clearance. It hits my seat mounts that are tied to the cage and is requiring a ton of floor to get cut out to keep the belly flat.

Then figured out my clocking options sucked. Luckily my good friend Tom owns a machine shop and was kind enough to do me a solid and modify my adapter!

I’ve decided to yank my cage and start over before Moab in less than 7 weeks. This could prove to be disastrous! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
189 Posts
How do you think the pitbulls do when you are wheeling in muddier conditions and they look like they are kinda packed with mud? Do they still hook on the rocks? How do they do going up and over muddy stuff? I live in Washington state, and we have muddy trails for what seems like 9 months of the year. I've always loved the idea of the Pitbulls, but just wonder how they do in all the mud. I know they are great for a non-sticky in most everything else. I just don't want to run a swamper...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
How do you think the pitbulls do when you are wheeling in muddier conditions and they look like they are kinda packed with mud? Do they still hook on the rocks? How do they do going up and over muddy stuff? I live in Washington state, and we have muddy trails for what seems like 9 months of the year. I've always loved the idea of the Pitbulls, but just wonder how they do in all the mud. I know they are great for a non-sticky in most everything else. I just don't want to run a swamper...

I usually avoid the mud like the plague if I can help it. Our last trip to Windrock it rained the entire weekend and I’ll say the pit bulls did better than any of the other tires in our group at tackling the mud. Couple long step climbs where I was the only one that didn’t pull cable.

That said, I have an amazing girlfriend and for no reason at all she decided to surprise me Friday night with 42” Trep Sticky’s! So I’m in the process of swapping those out!

201 - 220 of 266 Posts