Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of new 529's and a LS that i am going to have instoled in a 3rd for a spair for the jambo but me and the freind that is going with me both have ARB's so my ?? is should i just take the pieses down there so i could do a repair there{ broke RP } with the ARB or is that not posible.so then it would be better to have the 3rd set up to just instal and wheel

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I carry a spare diff setup with an EZ locker, keep it in my tow rig

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so was that a dumb ?? i did not think so.. i was just thinking that if i had R&P problums i could just instal the R&P but was not sure if the pinion bering could be removed and reinstaled that way i would be able to use my ARB. but i guess not :rolleyes: silly me:D

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
so was that a dumb ?
No, it was a COMPLETELY INCOMPREHENDABLE question. What the hell did you say?

I know, I know... but a lil' grammar and punctuation marks never killed anyone. :rasta:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Take that LS out and weld it up for a spare. I broke a rear 5:29 there and didn't have a spare. Do now. If I break my fresh front, I'll probably just say F it and ride. A rear is snap to swap, but I wouldn't want a LS rear end on any of the decent Hammer trails. You're just asking to break other stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
TNToy said:
No, it was a COMPLETELY INCOMPREHENDABLE question. What the hell did you say?

I know, I know... but a lil' grammar and punctuation marks never killed anyone. :rasta:
he said it, not me:flipoff2:
anyway...why the choice of a (almost open) tru-trac?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Doubt you'll wanna be doing a R&P setup out there....build a third ready to swap.

Welded, as Pat mentions, is the way to go.

Jay

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Bring a built third ready to drop in. I'd probably go with a lockright or welded as a spare, but I've broken welded carriers before and they put more strain (all the time) on the axles.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
resplining axles between trail runs is a favorite past time as well :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
camo said:
resplining axles between trail runs is a favorite past time as well :flipoff2:
Actually, your more apt to load your junk up and bail while everyone else is out on the trail :D :D :D .

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
RE:Todd said:
Actually, your more apt to load your junk up and bail while everyone else is out on the trail :D :D :D .
now that is just uncalled for :flipoff2: i was hung over and out of parts.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
ROKTOY said:

Yeah.......sure camo.....sure it is......

Jay
ok maybe not favorite but lets just say i have some experiance. :D

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
RE:Todd said:
BWAAAHAHAHAHA(falling out of chair) :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
vince, i used to carry a geared spare with a lockright in it, i sold it cause i never used it. the next weekend i towed my junk out to holister to go wheelin with the boyz and found the front R & P was waisted from a few weeks earlier fawkin off exiting the rubicon...

damn luck...:mad:

·
Registered
351 Posts
resplining axles between trail runs is a favorite past time as well
Hey Camo, if I send you some safety glasses will you toss them in your tool kit so reading by brail doesn't become your favorite past time? :D

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Booger Weldz said:
vince, i used to carry a geared spare with a lockright in it, i sold it cause i never used it. the next weekend i towed my junk out to holister to go wheelin with the boyz and found the front R & P was waisted from a few weeks earlier fawkin off exiting the rubicon...

damn luck...:mad:
thats the way it works bring it for years don't and you will need it.LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts