Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ehaust leak on my YJ. Looking I found that the welding around the collector is cracked. I want to replace it with a performance header. What header have you guys used and what do you like. The reason my header broke was worn out M. Mounts. I appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
696 Posts
There are tons of different option for some one in your position, depending on your budget.

1-reweld the stock one.
it'll probably break again but it doesn't get any cheaper if you own a welder.

2-E-bay special.
There's an online store on e-bay that sells a replacement manifold that has a flex pipe on the front collector. It allows the front section to flex with out breaking loose at the lower collector like the stock one. I don't know of anyone who's had one long term personally, but they have a good web-utation.

3-high dollar header
Personally, I went with a Borla Stainless header. I didn't really know any better at the time but I basically picked out the cheaper between it and the banks. I am very happy with it so far. Basically, it hasn't broken. Not that they have a reputation to, just that the stock one had, so, this is an improvement.

As for performance, unless you plan to do the entire exhaust and intake at the same time, I wouldn't expect much.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had the same problem last summer. That stock manifold is prone to crack. I went with Banks. At the time, the best price I found was from Rubicon Express. Top quality and considerably less than what I could find for a Borla. It fit like a glove too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts