Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i just purchased a 99 4.0 wiht 12,000 miles on it.my question is what do i need to swap this engine into my 89 wrangler,4.2 engine.should i strip it to just the long block and go with the mopar kit,or can i use injectors etc. and a hesco wire harness? any and all help or sugestions are appreciated.critter,newbie

·
Registered
554 Posts
According to a chrysler tech in our club it should go right in. I know painless has a harness for an HO upgrade.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The guys over on the Yahoo stroker forum have addressed this to death. Try them and then SEARCH.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I've heard it can been done very easy. Try the SEARCH button. You'll probably get a lot if info. I've seen it talked about quite a bit in the past.:D

And by the way....welcome:flipoff2:

·
Registered
156 Posts
rockcrawler304 said:
I've heard it can been done very easy. Try the SEARCH button. You'll probably get a lot if info. I've seen it talked about quite a bit in the past.:D

And by the way....welcome:flipoff2:
I bet if you use the search button you'll come up with this link :flipoff2:

Heck, it's even come on google a couple times :flipoff2:

Tony W

·
Registered
31 Posts
you will need the wiring diagram that I can provide you. I did the same swap on my 83 cj7. It was relatively straight forward.

I would go with the intank fuel pump rather than the external. The wiring is a bit messy, but with this diagram you only need like 5 wires.

Make sure you get all the stuff off the 99 jeep to do the swap. Mine came even with the full exhaust system with the cat. because there are two o2 sensors on the cat, one before and one after.

Any questions just ask.
Charlie

·
Registered
156 Posts
thejunker said:

Hey Charlie, can I get a copy of that diagram also?

my mail is [email protected]

Thanks!
Did you even bother to check the link I provided in my first post? :flipoff2:

Technically all you need to splice in are 3-4 wires:
#1 - Constat power - to CJ fuse box
#2 - Switched power - from CJ fuse box (Start/run)
#3 - Starter - From CJ Ignition
#4 - A/C request (if needed)

All of the wires that you need to splice are defined on my 4.0 swap.

Even with that you should still buy a FSM, for you donor vehicle, it will answer most if not all of your question about this swap.

Tony W

1 - 9 of 9 Posts