Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy t-case gears. Should I get the 4.1 or 4.7 's ? I have 4.30's in the rears. The final ratio is 157.1 with the 4.1's and 184.1 with the 4.7's. I was going to go with the 4.1's because I really didn't want to do the t-case mods. But I am still undecided. Which ones should I get ?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw anybody want to go in half on Rock Buggy Supply's combo sale ? I don't need the adapter I have one allready. And I'm running 38's

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
For a 75% price decrease, I will go in for the adaptor!;)

Wish I could help, I need one, but kinda broke due to buying a 4runner.:D

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Grinding the case out isn't that bad. 20 minutes with a die grinder and you're done. The small amount of work is worth the extra 27:1 you'll get.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ya you are going to have it out anyway. and You know bigger is Always better. Gonna need all the help you can get with the 4.30's :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JamisonWorkshop said:
Ya you are going to have it out anyway. and You know bigger is Always better. Gonna need all the help you can get with the 4.30's :D
I was at 108:1 with the 38's :flipoff2: and it worked good. So 157:1 will be even better.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I'd go as deep as you can, you can always upshift. I'm 190:1 and would go lower if I didn't have my current setup. You don't need silly low for everything here in AZ, but it's nice to know it's there.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
the lower you go the fatter the torque multiple, the more you break. i cant even turn the key on in 408 jiggas rig(4.88 & triple cases ~240:1??) without breakin his shit:D oops :flipoff2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Flimmy:
What are that 4.30 geras, what tipe of T case is that , i never heard with a toy t case, info please,

i`m now upgarding fron dual 21 to dual, 23 s, 4.7 marlin

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
You may want to get ahold of Alan on the RBS board. I bought my 4.7 kit for $420 first, then added a dual case adapter later. He may sell you just the gearset. It's also only $20 difference, and it's a 4.1 and a 4.7 set. What the hell is 4.30?
I agree with Booger. Mega low is just a waste of everyones time. But you are going to be grinding anyway, just go with the 4.7. OH, and 20 minutes with a friggin' die grinder??? :eek:
Slap a new 4.50 inch disc on an angle grinder and shove it in the hole. Takes about 2 minutes and leaves less little gouges than the die grinder.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
the lower you go the fatter the torque multiple, the more you break. i cant even turn the key on in 408 jiggas rig(4.88 & triple cases ~240:1??) without breakin his shit:D oops :flipoff2:
You just gotta know when to chill out...

Like right before a Detroit goes to shit. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4.30 is the ratio in the axles , thats what the 4cyl auto trucks have in them. I bought an ARB from CAZ with 4.30's and I have 2 more thirds with 4.30's that I'm going to weld the carriers. I'll use one in the rear and have one for a spare with the ARB in the front. Another reason for going to the 4.30's is that you can find them in the junk yard were you can't find 5.29's. I had 5.29's but I really don't need them because I'm never going to drive the 4runner on the roads again. Alan has the 4.7's for $450 now and the 4.1's for $420 .

·
Registered
51 Posts
gears

so let me understand, with 4- 1 gears, no grinding on gearcase,? with 4.7 u need to clean up a little inside? Im running dual cases, stock about 100 - 1, 4.88s diffs with lockers, is lower always better? cant decide which to buy, fuzz :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts