Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an ox and upgraded to 4.11 in the rear. Now I need to do the same (the gear ratio) to the front so I can use 4wd.

I've come to find out that it is so hard to find gears that are 4.11 for front D30 axle. Almost all of them are 4.10

as you can see I am a newbie, and I'm not sure if it would bad or will i experience skipping of front wheels if I put 4.10 in the front (with 4.11 in rear) or is the difference neglectable?

Thank you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Run it, you won't feel nothing, loose surface will absorve any difference.
Permisibilty should be around 2%.
4.10 to 4.11 is aorund 0.2%

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
For what it's worth, most factory rigs don't have exactly the same ratio front and rear. By the time you factor in drivetrain backlash I don't think 4.10 versus 4.11 would even be measurable at the wheel under any circumstances.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Run it. It's quite normal for vehicles to have a higher gear ratio(numerically lower) in the front anyway. The front tires spin a hair faster, and it helps turning in 4x4.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
The difference of PSI in the front and rear tires will make more of a difference than a 4.10/4.11 setup.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stock K5 Blazers came with 3:07 gears up front and 3:08 gears in the rear... never had one snap as of yet.. even w/ a Diesel and a locker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts