Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a '96 4.3 crate motor and I want to ditch the remote oil filter setup (it came incomplete and the stealership wants a pretty penny for the rest of the hoses and adatper). What have you guys used to adapt the filter right to the block (Non-Remote).

Thanks
Kevin

*Edit*
The stealership didn't have a part listed to run the filter straight to the block. Another post indicated a threaded adapter, but gave no part number or retailer.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the adapter that bolts into the block to run the remote setup, just none of the lines or the attach point for the filter. The stealership wants around $175 to complete the remote setup.

I have looked at this setup link
but don't know if it will work or how far down it will push the filter.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
1RUSTYRIG said:
I have the adapter that bolts into the block to run the remote setup, just none of the lines or the attach point for the filter. The stealership wants around $175 to complete the remote setup.

I have looked at this setup link
but don't know if it will work or how far down it will push the filter.
Well here is a pic of where it is supposed to go...
You can see the two stock lines running next to the motor mount....The oil pan is 9.5" from the base to the block...there is plenty of room to put one of the adapters there..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
You need the following part numbers:

Adapter 88894100
bolt x 2 14088852
gasket kit 88893989
fitting 14081300

i just did this on mine a few weeks ago

it converts it to a spin on filter directly on the block

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chaz Murray said:
You need the following part numbers:

Adapter 88894100
bolt x 2 14088852
gasket kit 88893989
fitting 14081300

i just did this on mine a few weeks ago

it converts it to a spin on filter directly on the block
Are those factory numbers from the stealership?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yes they are...total cost was around 80 bucks..but if you can wait for it you can order it from GMpartsdirect.com for alot cheeper

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:eek: I just punched all those in to GMPartsdirect and after shipping it's $111.21

I guess I will walk my ass over to the dealership at lunch....

Thanks Chaz!

Kevin

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
1RUSTYRIG said:
:eek: I just punched all those in to GMPartsdirect and after shipping it's $111.21

I guess I will walk my ass over to the dealership at lunch....

Thanks Chaz!

Kevin
wow...last thing i ordered from gm parts direct even after shipping it was well under 100 bucks less than what the dealer wanted for it...i had to wait a month..but hell 100 bucks is 100 bucks :D

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rudezuk said:
I just spoke with my Summit rep....and
Transdap 1050

that is the part number you need:D

under $10:D
Gasket, adapter and bolts:D
I just searched the summit catalog and couldn't find anything on it...

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rudezuk said:

Call them;)

Proshops
800-795-0260
Just got off the phone with them...they don't have it. Evidently there is one made for the v8's, but it is standard and the v6 is 18.5 MM ...So back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jwag said:
You can search....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165510&highlight=adapter

or you can just go to EngineQuest. You can find them at http://www.enginequest.com/ . The 4.3l vortech swap I did used part number ofa262 You can find it here: http://store.enginequest.com/category.cfm?Category=9. If you have the same type of 4.3 I had, the adapter with two bolts will not work.
I did a search and saw your original post. The enginequest website says '86 and up on part #ofa262. From what I gather, the threads were changed on the V6 Vortech to metric. I put a call into EngineQuest and they are supposed to figure out if their website is accurate and call me back.

Your block is a '94 and mine is a '96. I think that the metric changeover came in '96. If you look at the other filter adapters for the later engines you'll note that there are parts available for the v8's but they are not compatible with the 4.3's.

Kevin

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
1RUSTYRIG said:

Just got off the phone with them...they don't have it. Evidently there is one made for the v8's, but it is standard and the v6 is 18.5 MM ...So back to the drawing board.
I just called and spoke to Ralph...

This part is for all 4.3's up to 03.

Ill have mine tomorrow....ill let you know how it works..

TRD-1050 Oil Filter Bypass Adapter General Motors V6 and 4 cyl. 18mm x 1.5 threads Today $7.75

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rudezuk said:

I just called and spoke to Ralph...

This part is for all 4.3's up to 03.

Ill have mine tomorrow....ill let you know how it works..

TRD-1050 Oil Filter Bypass Adapter General Motors V6 and 4 cyl. 18mm x 1.5 threads Today $7.75
Okay, so who the hell is Ralph and why can't he ship two :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts